Who dis?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Haven't seen this one before & can't find my spider ID book...any leads that could advance my cause? Sorry for the darkness. God hates Washington.

Last edited:

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where did ya find it, and in what sort of conditions? Also, does it make a cribellate type web?

Looks familiar, I'm pretty sure Rod had told me what these guys are in the past. I'll see if I can dig up some info!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Heya- same place as the folding door spiders of the above post- old fir tree stumps. This one was closer to the surface, hiding out behind bark w/o webbing. Before I got a closer look, I thought it was some weird Callobius, but couldn't find a match.

Edit: ya know, the more I look at it, the more I can't discount Callobius. I stumbled on this too:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/328621/bgimage

Last edited:

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Callobius pictus doesn't seem like a match?

edit: I didn't see your edit. XD

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with Callobius sp. of some kind. I've collected adult male and female C. nomeus from under the loose bark of old decaying spruce stumps, in shady, humid areas of north-central Alberta forests, similar to the habitat you describe. I have no idea what species you've got, though. The males are easier to ID than the females.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i would have guessed amaurobiidae, too

they always look kinda evil to me, that's how i know =P

they make crib web, i think