Who are the Blue Bloom Birdeater & Mexican Beauty?

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh no... so my confusion continues? I just won't slap a permanent name tag on until I can ask at the next show I go to... next time I will ask the name before I leave. Maybe now I will have to go to Hamburg.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
B. boehmei is what Tommy has as Mexican Beauty. I asked this past Sunday since I thought it might be B. baumgarteni myself.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
B. boehmei is what Tommy has as Mexican Beauty. I asked this past Sunday since I thought it might be B. baumgarteni myself.
Huh, I asked too like last year and he said B. baumgarteni. Jodi bought one too, so perhaps she knows. Of course, who knows with common names, it may change from year to year based on what he feels like calling it. I just know that the T that I got from him back then with that name isn't B. boehmei. But if you just got it this past weekend and that's what he says it is, that's probably what it is. And your pic certainly looks like a boehmei. It's definitely different than mine which has a black carapace with orange more around the edges.

Last edited:

Kagekumo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on the T's! B. boehmei is one of my favorites. They like to sit where you can see them . Great display T :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Next time don't be embarassed to ask the scientific names. Last time I was at the whiteplains show, I probably bugged Tommy and Frank for good 20 minutes asking scientific names (good thing I bought stuff or they probably would have beat me up otherwise :) )