Who’s Your Fastest T/Spider?

lewiis

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria, Chilobrachys, Cyriopagopus, Omothymus, Lampropelma, in all honesty, Asian Ts are the fastest Ts. Nobody can change my mind.
I’ve found some NW terrestrials to also be disturbingly quick, like Theraphosa, Pamphobeteus and Phormictopus. Psalmopoeus are also like the old worlds of the NW, my 0.1 P. cambridgei can definitely move faster than some of my Asian arboreals 😬

basin79

ArachnoGod
Liphistius cf ornatus is still wasting no time in grabbing her food.
42B244C6-0B32-43BE-96EF-CF3E77AB99AF.gif

But after a moult my Hogna schmitzi sling is a contender.
C120FDE7-BFB0-4F11-AB80-E764BDC9BCC0.gif

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
I’ve found some NW terrestrials to also be disturbingly quick, like Theraphosa, Pamphobeteus and Phormictopus. Psalmopoeus are also like the old worlds of the NW, my 0.1 P. cambridgei can definitely move faster than some of my Asian arboreals 😬
When most hobbyists talk about Theraphosas being for experienced keepers only, the main reasons they give are their size, challenging husbandry, and their skittish nature. But I think their speed is something most people don’t mention enough. Despite being so large and bulky, they can really bolt.... Those thick legs really carry them....

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
depends if its reaction to possible meal it would be my a.genic but she has the legspan to reach if its running back to its burrow it would be my p.muticus slng gone in the blink of an eye

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
When it comes to Tarantulas, I think Stromatopelma and Tapinauchenius/Pseudoclamoris make justice to their fame. Lol. I got surprised by Chaetopelma olivaceum anda Heterothele gabonensis too.

Now, about true spiders, in my experience, these two were "hard to catch", lol.

Enoploctenus sp.
_MG_0999.JPG.jpg

Thaumasia velox
_MG_9848.JPG.jpg

I don't think any tarantula (dare to say, any Mygalomorphae or Mesothelae), is faster than these guys.

I know there are other Araneomorphae that are as fast as these two, though.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Tiny Liphistius yangae sling came out like a rocket. Not speeded up. That is real time. Although not super smooth as I had to make the clip into a gif. 9027A52B-C291-4B52-A8C3-1C8BC66B6307.gif