Who’s Your Fastest T/Spider?

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Probably the Heteropoda davidbowie slings I picked up a month ago, but the little Liphistius sling is also astonishingly fast.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Anybody who answers with anything other than a huntsman spider species is wrong...

;):rofl:

Thanks,

Arthroverts

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
P. cambridgei

As far as terrestrials go...GBB when it wants to be, X. intermedia, M. robustum

Slowest is probably my moderatum but my geniculata probably gives it a run for its money. Both are very deliberate. Very very slow species! I think my T. albo is much faster then both LOL!....which is really saying something!

Last edited:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
As far as tarantulas go: I'm not quite sure to be honest, but currently probably one of the couple dwarf species I have. The P. cambridgei are fast, but they take breaks sooner. Though my P. sazimai is the only guy so far who's manage to actually disappear from my sight before I could even react.

For true spiders: Either my Heteropoda venatoria or Herpyllus ecclesiasticus. Both are faster than any of my Ts. Dolomedes sp. can also be unbelievably fast, but I haven't had any of them in quite some time now

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
As far as tarantulas go: I'm not quite sure to be honest, but currently probably one of the couple dwarf species I have. The P. cambridgei are fast, but they take breaks sooner. Though my P. sazimai is the only guy so far who's manage to actually disappear from my sight before I could even react.

For true spiders: Either my Heteropoda venatoria or Herpyllus ecclesiasticus. Both are faster than any of my Ts. Dolomedes sp. can also be unbelievably fast, but I haven't had any of them in quite some time now
My saz is the smallest sling I've ever had! I make sure to keep my eyes on it at all times and work very very quickly when I open its box! For a 1/3" spec that thing can BOLT!

Craig73

Arachnoangel
My P. Metallica sling just gave me a run for my money. Removing a dead roach from the water dish and he wasn’t feeling the tongues in his personal space and bolted out the enclosure and teleported around the outside for a good minute before swan diving back into it. Think he earned a 10/10 for form.

The A. Minatrix can be pretty zippy at times. Always expect him to be mellow and then out of no where makes a mad dash.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Well, seeing as I don't own one it can't be my fastest spider ;)

Our giant house spiders literally teleport though.
Then you cannot answer this thread :rolleyes:...

Jokes aside, I actually thought about when someone would call me out on it after I posted. Didn't expect it to be so soon, but I again underestimate the Arachnoboardphiles...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Not my OBT, not any of my Cyriopagopus, not any of my Psalmos...my fastest spider is my E. murinus sling. Takes teleporting to a whole new level - plus it never knows where it's trying to go so it just flies around in a flurry of legs and rage.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Linothele fallax or megatheloides.
They move outside measurable time.

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
Little late to the thread, but I have two that are fast. I only have "slow" beginner NW T's, but my T. albo sling/juvenile and my B. hamorii sling can FLY from one end of the enclosure to the other. Thankfully it's usually just to go to their burrows/"safe spaces". Their speed definitely reminds me that I'm not ready for anything faster.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The Ts that display their surprising speed on a regular basis to me are my Chaetopelma olivaceum. Speedy little demons.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Little late to the thread, but I have two that are fast. I only have "slow" beginner NW T's, but my T. albo sling/juvenile and my B. hamorii sling can FLY from one end of the enclosure to the other. Thankfully it's usually just to go to their burrows/"safe spaces". Their speed definitely reminds me that I'm not ready for anything faster.
Honestly any T/Spider can be lighting quick if it feels the need to bolt