Who’s Your Fastest T/Spider?

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
An attempt at a fun thread. Out of every T/True Spider in your collection, who is the Gold-Medal Sprinter of the lot?

For me, it’s easily my Piloctenus haematostoma slings (Red-Fang Wandering Spider). My eyes can barely keep up with them....

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Without question, my C. huahini. He's lightning fast, and has some serious attitude. He's the only tarantula I've had escape during a rehouse. I didn't even have time to react!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Tapinauchenius is reputed to be the fastest Theraphosidae genus and I have a Tapinauchenius violaceus. I would say that they are likely my fastest. However, teleporting is teleporting and I doubt I would be able to differentiate between my Tapinauchenius versus my Psalmopoeus versus my super speedy dwarf species - they all move faster than I can keep up with.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Difficult to say. Let's be honest, even "pet rocks" can be absolutely blistering if the need takes them. Spiders and tarantulas can be daft.

Macrothele gigas
10399500-2728-4F19-86C3-2EFAC128FC13.gif

Cyriopagopus doriae
CEBBBE70-620C-45DD-8E45-7168E07C5416.gif

Liphistius cf ornatus
0FDFEAF6-CA84-4475-81D5-9897C1730D60.gif

Theraphosa blondi
170B10D3-F793-4ECF-8962-E19295DB6019.gif

Sicarius thomisoides
B9F23A74-C23C-40A8-AD0E-A172F978C18B.gif

Chilobrachys fimbriatus
BB252603-4AD6-4AD5-BF48-BB6C87A43E4C.gif

Linothele fallax sling 1CD6BBF8-D8D1-4700-AC5B-B830CD450500.gif

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I have an obt that likes to show off.
He's probably not the fastest out of the bunch but he is always trying to show you he is.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My C. huahini is probably my fastest T, but compared to my Reg-Fang Slings, she doesn’t come close....
It's all down to scale. For their size aye they're rapid. But put them in a bath with a larger spider/tarantula and it's different. But scale that bath to them and the story is different again.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
All of them.When they don't stay in their enclosues.
Ok,maybe my A.chalcodes is more of a very fast stroll. :lol: .

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Fastest T was probably my MM Phlogius Rubiseta, he had the largest legspan. My fastest overall spider though, is indisputably my Australothele Nambucca male. Its even worse when they are jet black with no bright colours to make keeping visual track of them easier

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Without question, my C. huahini. He's lightning fast, and has some serious attitude. He's the only tarantula I've had escape during a rehouse. I didn't even have time to react!
Isn't your C. huahini the one who took a brief vacation in the sink overflow drain? That thread had me on the edge of my seat lol. Glad you got the little guy out safely!

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Isn't your C. huahini the one who took a brief vacation in the sink overflow drain? That thread had me on the edge of my seat lol. Glad you got the little guy out safely!
Yeah! It was that same spider. I'm so glad I got him out too. I was sweating bullets thinking that he wasn't going to make it.

Lukitari

Arachnopeon
Well my P. auratus can run back into her hide faster than I can blink whenever I enter the room which is almost as fast as my N. coloratovillosus runs at my tongs when I try to take out her water dish for cleaning.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I second P. Cambridgei. Rehoused two of them yesterday and had one get up the tongs and on my shoulder before I knew what happened. I’ve got long arms too. Definitely the fastest I’ve seen move in a long time.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I think my P.Gigas is the boltiest, my Featherleg is probably the fastest, though I have not really had it bolt too much.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
An attempt at a fun thread. Out of every T/True Spider in your collection, who is the Gold-Medal Sprinter of the lot?

For me, it’s easily my Piloctenus haematostoma slings (Red-Fang Wandering Spider). My eyes can barely keep up with them....
Just getting back into the hobby, so collection limited at the moment.

Hands down, Dolichothele diamantinensis is the speed demon of my current collection. Crazy fast for such a small spider....

Buffalo Ts

Arachnoknight
My A. geniculata. I mostly have new world terrestrials, but my geniculata has a nasty attitude, and the speed to go with it.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Just getting back into the hobby, so collection limited at the moment.

Hands down, Dolichothele diamantinensis is the speed demon of my current collection. Crazy fast for such a small spider....
Wow, surprised to hear that. Mine has been so chill.