White's Tree Frog

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got a couple White's Tree Frogs and I'm putting them in an exoterra, but it has a screen cover at the top (i got the tall one with the 12x12 base) and I was wondering if this is going to be a problem humidity wise for the frogs, and if so, should I cover it with some tin foil to keep more moisture in.

P.S. These are the best frogs the world has ever created. They don't fear humans one bit and almost seem to enjoy human handling. They seriously put up a fight to stay on my hand rather than hiding in the amazing terrarium we created for them.

Also, does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the waxy monkey frog. They look too much like a star wars character to pass up and I've been scowering Indiana trying to find one.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have White's and a 12 x 12 x 12 won't be big enough for both of yours. The larger size... 18 x whatever is still pushing it, but would be better. They need about 10-15 gallons of space PER frog to be happy and healthy.

They'll also need more humidity than what a screened top will allow... so yeah, I'd cover that and/or get a larger enclosure with a glass top.

Sorry to be the "pooper" on this one. They are great frogs! :)

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's not the 12x12x12, just the bottom is 12x12, it's the 24 or the 30 inch height one (can't exactly recall). Also, they are babies right now (maybe an inch long on a good day) and will be living their only through their adolescence until I convert my 55 gallon into a fully functional vivarium.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ohhhh... well in that case, they should be very happy for awhile :D They are great frogs!

As for Waxy's.. I've seen some on Sand Dragon's (?) site a few times. I saw them somewhere else at one point, but can't recall if they were their personal collection or both and they had some available. If I see some, I'll let ya know.