White

mozkaynak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello I have three T. they all have their own enclosures. They eat well, they have water. Today I noticed a white waste (like a bird poop) between the soil and enclosure in each of the enclosure. What might be the possible reasons of the white thing?

Harlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its...tarantula poop. Thats....really all there is too it.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tarantulas void their waste the same as birds, both solids and liquids at the same time so yes it's most likely poop.

Also it may change in consistency as you'll read prior threads here about things that looked like eggs especially in water dishes, etc. The void out the nitrogenous wastes as nodules in their waste so in case you see that in the upcoming future you'll know :)

Search for T poop or what is this, etc and you'll find many pictures of what others have asked as well..

Cheers,

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only way to really know for sure is to taste it. Tarantula poo has a very distinct flavor and consistency. The texture is a dead give away, like how it feels when it touches your tongue.

Lol just kidding. Yeah that's tarantula poo and no I've never tasted it :}

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Its...tarantula poop. Thats....really all there is too it.

I absolutely love your responce.

OP- yeah, it's poop.
Just wait till you get pooped on! there's the fire hose method (my avic LOVES putting out fires) or the laundry shoot- It just falls out. LOL

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I absolutely love your responce.

OP- yeah, it's poop.
Just wait till you get pooped on! there's the fire hose method (my avic LOVES putting out fires) or the laundry shoot- It just falls out. LOL
I had an 8 or 8.5" ornata that I was trying to coax into her cage during a rehome. She was on the outside of the tank (upright aboreal tank from a 5 gal aquarium) and her abdomen was pointed towards the ceiling. Would you know it, the moment I touched her on the side of the legs to start shooing her into the front of the cage, she stretched real thin (poeci stance), let her butt fall away from the glass so it is aimed in the air (right at me) and just LET ME HAVE IT! Dang girl shot it about 1.5' into the air and landed all across my arm my shoulder and even in my hair. My kid looks at me and giggles and all he could say was "she just pooped in your hair dad!"

Joe - CAK