White tailed spider t-shirt

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I admit that I don't have the Photoshop skills to create realistic looking shadows. I am interested in seeing how no shadows will look.

There's been some bad news regarding the cruise ship markets. Actually, the bad news affects many things on Kangaroo Island currently. There's been some extensive bush fires that have impacted about a third of the island. And they've been extremely destructive. There have been many fires on the island in the past but these are the worst by far. There's a well known and very large national park here called Flinders Chase and most of it has been consumed by the fire. Additionally, the visitor center inside the park has been destroyed. A luxury resort on the island where Bill Gates once stayed (Great Southern Lodge) has also been destroyed by the fire. Not surprisingly, the cruise ships have cancelled their visits here so that has put an end to the markets....at least for now.

It's estimated that there's been thousands of animals killed by the fires on the island. According to one source, 25,000 koalas have perished. There are some species of animals on the island that are critically endangered and the fires have pushed them closer to extinction. Some are probably wiped out already. As many of you know, there's also extensive fires on the Australian mainland as well in multiple states. And millions of animals have died over there (some say half a billion.) These are the worst fires in Australia's recorded history. Grim times.

Last edited:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
These are grim times for all doomed to walk the Earth in these days.

I am sorry about the loss of life and customers. Hoping and praying for a resolution to this disaster.

Thanks,

Arthroverts