'White stuff' on mouth parts

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cyris,

I can only say you are right, I could have been more tactful. I get irritated sometimes, by reading the same questions over, and over and over again and the topics like "what does emperor poop tastes like". But I should not have reacted at all. It is just the same with bad TV, you don't have to watch it. I forget that sometimes. If you want me to say something constructive about the scorpion problem, I first need to see a sharp picture of the "strange mass". BTW, the fact that the scorp cannot clean itself or get rid of the mass, might indicate that there is fungus, but it should be quite easy to remove with a q-tip and plain tap water.

Please be careful using alcohol, peroxyde and other fine chemicals, near or on your scorps........

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you! I appreciate it. I completely agree with your side too, that's why I no longer frequent the forum anymore. I can understand getting short over it, but I find it easier to say nothing at all than kinda loose it unless its plain asinine("How does emp poop taste"). I wouldn't have intentionally posted that if I truly thought it might have sever adverse effects other than it possibly working.

I guess putting in on/around it's mouth does sound silly compared to its body.
Maybe a tooth pick?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I kinda lost it didn't I? :D
I'll take your advice and try to stick to it. The last part being most difficult.
or maybe try it with stiff or and smooth paint brushes or something or a toothbrush.

regards,

Michiel

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
If only I had $80 extra yesterday, I could have gotten a nice camera from www.woot.com. But alas, I am just a poor college student. Hell, my last paycheck was only $30. Anyway, I will work on getting better pics, and post them here. This topic can go on stand-by until then, unless anyone has any more ideas on the fungus.

Also, it doesnt appear to be spreading or growing, at least as far as I can tell. Could this mean anything?

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I tried the toothbrush idea with some warm water, and it worked great! I got all but a tiny speck off! Thanks for all the help, now I just need to get her to eat something!

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Well, I am in the process of getting a dubia colony established. Just need to convince the parents that they arent as dirty and disgusting as they think, and that it is a lot better than cricks in the long run.

K3jser

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a huge dubia cultur running it works perfectly.. just watch out for flies and stuff they come easily if you dont keep the dubia's totaly dry.. i keep mine in a old aquarium with overhead light, eggtrays ( i think they called ) and nothing more. i use a plastic container filled with water then in the lid i have cut out a small hole and stuck a piece of cloth in so it works like a wig, keeps its pretty dry instead of a waterdish..