White stringy fuzz in scorpion tank?

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
Hello, I'll be straight up. I got some A.Crassicauda and everything is fine. except, one time I went to check on them, and one deli cup inside a cave hide I made with excavation sand ( stuff from zoo med ) there was almost a cocoon of white stringy fuzz. looked like a spider web. I instantly got the scorpion out, and into a new container while I cleaned the first. used entierly new excavation sand to form a new set up inside the deli cup, and put him back in. Today I check on him, ( 2 weeks since cleaning it out once ) and it's back. not as extreme, but it is starting to form again. anyone got any input ? would be appreciated.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
I have 2 scorpions, in 2 different deli cups. only 1 gets the fuzz in its cup.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Anything I deem unusual I simply remove with tongs and not worry. I don't do a complete sub change unless it gets out of hand and warrants it.
The water dish looks large, maybe the angle, a cap off a water bottle is a sufficient water source. There may be spores of some type in the mix, it happens on ocassion, even from well known suppliers. Too much humidity may have caused it to grow, just a guess.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
The water cap is large, but very shallow. but yeah, I'll pull it out and keep an eye on it. but it's so weird looking.