White noise and T’s

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
With the layout of my home and my cat my tarantulas share a room with me, meaning when I’m awake during the day and such the T’s probably hear me going about my business, when I go to sleep I often sleep better when I have something on in the background.

I hear that T’s setae (probably spelled wrong) are so sensitive they can detect voices and almost any other sound as vibrations. Lately I’ve wondered if maybe what I fall asleep to can potentially bother or stress them, I also think to myself in their enclosures they potentially don’t even feel it at all and maybe it doesn’t matter.

Are their senses with vibrations actually that keen? Or does things of that nature mean almost nothing to them as in nature the wilderness is full of its own noises. I’d figure me moving around and doing what I do is more likely to stop them from their normal business as opposed to constant quiet noise from my tv, meaning when I’m asleep it probably doesn’t matter to them what other noises are going on.
My question is more focused on just how sensitive is their sense of vibration?

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
I have a number of my Ts in a thick wooden cabinet that my TV sits on. Although I limit the volume somewhat - having weaned myself off of unnecessarily high sound levels - this doesn’t appear to bother them at all.

Kaqpewqt

Arachnopeon
It seems that some of my Ts can sense it when i only stand in front of the shelf and accidentally breath onto the shelf. the more skittish specimen (h. maculata, c. sp. hati hati, l. fallax) just bolt into their hide without me moving at all. Note that these are spiderlings / juveniles in plastic enclosures. so i think they can sense it. But they don’t seem to be bothered by most of my doing in my room.

If you share a room, theres noise / stress that u can avoid, but its almost impossible to avoid all things that could cause stress. I wont stop listening to audiobooks / music from time to time, just because of the possibility that it could stress an animal.

Eiki

Arachnopeon
I keep most of mine in my bedroom as well, been like that for years, never had any issues, T's seem chill and undisturbed.

IronMaiden

Arachnopeon
I keep them in my room also. I've played music fairly loud and they don't seem to care at all. Now if you had a stereo or sound system and were blasting it they probably wouldn't like that.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It’s not going to stress them, live your life as you normally would!

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
It's an interesting question to from a scientific angle, how sensitive are the hairs to sound? I don't think any noises would be an issue unless they were powerful enough to rattle an enclosure.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Ts are in my bedroom, and I'm not one to blast music anyways. The only time I have music playing off my clock/stereo is when I'm making my bed. I only have time to listen to a track or two, then it's back to peace and quiet. I've played music during feedings, but only on a couple of occasions. I prefer to just sit back and watch them do their thing without any distractions. Nearly all the time, I listen to music with headphones, so my Ts just aren't subjected to any major vibrations. They don't seem to mind when I play either Sabbath, Dio or Priest at a low volume though ;)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Unless it's so loud that it's physically shaking the room then noise a non-issue, mine are kept in my room and don't appear to be suffering any ill-effects from me gaming/listening to bass-heavy music/watching movies/snoring like a wounded effing buffalo.