White little organisms on leftover cricket leg

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
So I was just doing my usual routine of feeding my slings cricket legs. I dropped one in each enclosure. I went to check on them approximately a day and a half later since I was a bit busy. I took out what wasn't eaten (The food seemed uneaten, so I'm suspecting it's in premolt.) I layed it on a table to inspect it. Little white critters were all over it. Are they harmful to my T? I've heard of mites and springtails. Does my sling need a rehouse. This sling is a 1/4" C. Elegans.
It's hard to get an accurate picture since they're so small, but heres what I can do.

Attachments

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
So I was just doing my usual routine of feeding my slings cricket legs. I dropped one in each enclosure. I went to check on them approximately a day and a half later since I was a bit busy. I took out what wasn't eaten (The food seemed uneaten, so I'm suspecting it's in premolt.) I layed it on a table to inspect it. Little white critters were all over it. Are they harmful to my T? I've heard of mites and springtails. Does my sling need a rehouse. This sling is a 1/4" C. Elegans.
It's hard to get an accurate picture since they're so small, but heres what I can do.
I would. In my roach colony, there were grain mites absolutely everywhere. If they are in there, it may be too humid or you got them from feeders. Drying it out works, but probably not with the sling in it. If you want to let it be, the latest to move it would be when they start getting on the T. Looks like there aren't too many, so you should be fine. Some mites are good clean up crew too. Just don't let it get out of hand.

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
I would. In my roach colony, there were grain mites absolutely everywhere. If they are in there, it may be too humid or you got them from feeders. Drying it out works, but probably not with the sling in it. If you want to let it be, the latest to move it would be when they start getting on the T. Looks like there aren't too many, so you should be fine. Some mites are good clean up crew too. Just don't let it get out of hand.
Any idea on how to rehouse my C. Elegans. I'm not even quite sure where it is. I only see it during the night time when it's roaming, when I decide to check up on them. It's made many burrow and tunnels, so no idea really where it is.

Attachments

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Any idea on how to rehouse my C. Elegans. I'm not even quite sure where it is. I only see it during the night time when it's roaming, when I decide to check up on them. It's made many burrow and tunnels, so no idea really where it is.
That's a thin vial. Is it big enough (just looks small). If you do want to rehouse, then I would go to a secure location (a place where it can run around all it wants and you can easily catch it again, like a bathroom with no vents with the doors blocked) amd then remove the dirt until you see it. Scoot it into a catch cup/enclosure and you're done. Just make sure it isn't in premolt if you can help it.

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
That's a thin vial. Is it big enough (just looks small). If you do want to rehouse, then I would go to a secure location (a place where it can run around all it wants and you can easily catch it again, like a bathroom with no vents with the doors blocked) amd then remove the dirt until you see it. Scoot it into a catch cup/enclosure and you're done. Just make sure it isn't in premolt if you can help it.
Thanks for the info. I got him out carefully and patiently cupping out the dirt, wih a side of fear of crushing him. He's 1/4" or possibly even smaller, so I'm sure he's fine with all the ground he has to burrow with. Not even kidding. First thing he does is dig all the way down.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Thanks for the info. I got him out carefully and patiently cupping out the dirt, wih a side of fear of crushing him. He's 1/4" or possibly even smaller, so I'm sure he's fine with all the ground he has to burrow with. Not even kidding. First thing he does is dig all the way down.
Awesome! Hopefully there are no more mites. :D

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
IMO I would never leave a T in an enclosure with mites, yes well some can be a clean up crew how can you be sure which species you have in the enclosure. It's much safer just to do a rehouse.