White "foamy" build up around mouth?

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Bought a young Aphonopelma chalcodes from a local shop a few days ago and just noticed this build up around her mouth parts :(
Looked closely at it and it appeared almost foamy. I suspect she may be wild caught now.
Is this a bacterial infection of some kind? Parasitic? She also appears to have trouble catching food. Other than this she seems healthy and active. Constantly exploring the enclosure. I'm taking her back to the shop I got her from but they mostly deal in reptiles, so not much help there other than a possible refund.

Attachments

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Looks like nematodes. It's deadly, but there have been cures/solutions posted online that you could try. Just look it up, there are many, many so-called cures, though I can't vouch for any of them.

EDIT: Could also just be feces, I can't tell in the pic and have no personal experience with nematodes. Good luck!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
To me it looks like nematodes but the pic is dark and taken from too far away.

Almost looks like there is a worm trailing from it's chelicerae.. Could be web, or poop better pics would help..

Did it feed recently before you took the pic?

dopamine

Arachnobaron
To me it looks like nematodes but the pic is dark and taken from too far away.

Almost looks like there is a worm trailing from it's chelicerae.. Could be web, or poop better pics would help..

Did it feed recently before you took the pic?
It's substrate stuck to its mouth.
I never saw her eat once since getting her. At one point she tried getting a cricket but was unsuccessful.
I just took her back to the shop I got her from. Owner said he's having the supplier look at her then he'd replace her. He confirmed that the chalcodes are most likely wild caught (this is Arizona) so it's probably nematodes. It bums me out she was a cute spider, seemed really curious and always active.

TeaandTs

Arachnopeon
It's substrate stuck to its mouth.
I never saw her eat once since getting her. At one point she tried getting a cricket but was unsuccessful.
I just took her back to the shop I got her from. Owner said he's having the supplier look at her then he'd replace her. He confirmed that the chalcodes are most likely wild caught (this is Arizona) so it's probably nematodes. It bums me out she was a cute spider, seemed really curious and always active.
That sucks. I'm so sorry. :(

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Sorry to hear this.. but if you own other Ts then you probably dodged a bullet.

I wish you luck with the next

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Sorry to hear this.. but if you own other Ts then you probably dodged a bullet.
Agreed. I've sanitized the area as well as tweezers and replaced the paint brush I use. All others appear ok. *knocks on wood*

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I'm a bit wary to purchase this T for this reason, I'm sorry this happened to you and I'd be devastated if it were to happen to me. I've only found these Ts as WC adults and CB slings 1/4"...which is too small for my liking :(

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I'm a bit wary to purchase this T for this reason, I'm sorry this happened to you and I'd be devastated if it were to happen to me. I've only found these Ts as WC adults and CB slings 1/4"...which is too small for my liking :(
Oh are you from the southwest area too? Buying these as tiny slings is definitely a lesson in patience, i'm sure lol. I couldn't do it either. I'm done with slings under 1" anymore in general actually.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Oh are you from the southwest area too? Buying these as tiny slings is definitely a lesson in patience, i'm sure lol. I couldn't do it either. I'm done with slings under 1" anymore in general actually.
Northeast. I mean shopping online, there's no way I'd find one of these in a local pet shop around here :p I don't mind slings but I won't bother with anything less than 3/4" because they're just too small. And yeah I don't want to wait 10 years for one of these to grow up!

dopamine

Arachnobaron
So they replaced my sick little juvie with an adult female. Pretty pleased with the outcome (other than a sick T of course) and an awesome xmas surprise.
IMG_1674.JPG