White Film

USMCVET

Arachnopeon
I currently have my P. Irminia in a pill bottle-sized bottle that I got from vendor at local Reptile Show. It is starting to develop a white film on the inside that I have to scrape off with tweezers. Is this something that I have to be concerned with down the road? I thought it was just webbing until I scrapped at it. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
I currently have my P. Irminia in a pill bottle-sized bottle that I got from vendor at local Reptile Show. It is starting to develop a white film on the inside that I have to scrape off with tweezers. Is this something that I have to be concerned with down the road? I thought it was just webbing until I scrapped at it. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.
As @Spidermolt said, it sounds like you are either scraping off poo or webbing. Posting pictures might help us figure out what it is.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
It could also be mold if it's overly damp or has a lot of uneaten food in it.

USMCVET

Arachnopeon
Here is a pic of it...You can see where I scraped it at the bottom near where the substrate starts and some more on the left side of bottle.

Attachments