White dots on underside of emperor's spiracles?

downandout89

Arachnopeon
I've searched all over the web and this site, hoping to find an answer to what these white dots are. I'm almost certain they're mites, but everything I've seen about mites is that most are harmless, or that they don't bother the scorpion.

The scorpion doesn't seem to be acting any different. However, I know that clogging up the book lungs isn't a good thing, and I'd like them gone. The dots don't appear to be moving, they look like very, very small grains of sand.

How should I go about removing them? Brush them off?

Attachments

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Need to have them checked under a microscope. The only safe means of removal is mechanical, such as brushing, and a quarantined environment. If they are parasitic mites they are hardier than the host so chemical eradication is out.

downandout89

Arachnopeon
I decided to try my hand at removing them. I put her in a glass bowl full of distilled water, and left her alone for about 45 minutes. She still moved around, but not as much, and was easier to work with.
While in the water, I flipped her upside down, and used a toothpick to gently scrape the white things off. They did not come off easily. Periodically, I'd use a qtip to brush the underside to move away the loose dots. They also appeared to be on the ends of her feet, I was not able to remove much of those. Afterwards, I emptied the bowl, and rinsed her off several times with more distilled water. She perked up minutes later, and I moved her to another bowl with paper towels in it.

I'm still not sure what the white dots are exactly, but given that they never moved throughout the process, my best guess is that they're some kind of mite egg or pupae. I'm sure this is only a minor hindrance for them, and at this point, I'm expecting the worst for the scorpion.