white crystals?

shogun8

Arachnopeon
I moistened my slings pill bottle yesterday (Done twice weekly) and today when I looked into it, there seems to be a bunch of white crystal looking things in small sections on top of the substrate (eco earth). They vary in size and appear in certain places not all over. I have seen this stuff quite a few times already and removed it. It does not look like mites as they do not move at all and it does not seem like mold because its not that cottony stuff and there is sufficient ventilation. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this stuff before or knew what it is?

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've never heard of it, but pictures would help if you have any

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Could it be T poo?

They release much like a bird or lizard with both fluid and the hard nitrogen pellets/crystals. just a thought though they wouldn't just be there unless the T voided around which I've my T's do. Mine typically hit the walls of the enclosures.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
could be anything, could be mold, could be T poo, could be actual crystals of lime content in the substrate. Pix plix!

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also, water evaporation from misting can cause little chlorine crystals to form (if you use tap water to mist). Like mentioned above, it could be numerous things, and to beat a dead horse, pictures would help a ton.