White crust on scorpion?

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got some spinifer and noticed two have white crust looking stuff on there tails one of which also has a broken stinger? Is that mycosis 'er something?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got some spinifer and noticed two have white crust looking stuff on there tails one of which also has a broken stinger? Is that mycosis 'er something?
It's poop. I doubt that your spinifer will catch mycosis because they live in humid environment.

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol, seriously? I also researched and found something stating it could be dried vermiculite? Can i clean it?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
... Can i clean it?
When that occurred to one of my scorpions I would just drip water on it to loosen it and as it walked around it would come off. Only be concerned if it is blocking its anus (the area right between the telson and last metasoma) then you might want to be more aggressive in cleaning it off.

Regards Thaedion

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I didnt know that was where they crapped from? Is it on the top side??

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I didnt know that was where they crapped from? Is it on the top side??
If the tail is curled up it is on the top, if dragging flat it is on the bottom. Here is a pic of an emperor that I had a problem with, his was swollen.

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL that emp has a swolen sphincter... sorry couldnt resist. Thanks for you help...

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've seen a lot of spinifers with broken telsons or stingers on the AB. I bought one with a broken stinger too. I've been suspicious that these might have been used in shows or maybe the collectors broke them off so they wouldn't have to worry about getting stung while bringing them home before they were exported. Some say it happens when they fight but I'm a little skeptical of it happening that way:confused: .

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've seen a lot of spinifers with broken telsons or stingers on the AB. I bought one with a broken stinger too. I've been suspicious that these might have been used in shows or maybe the collectors broke them off so they wouldn't have to worry about getting stung while bringing them home before they were exported. Some say it happens when they fight but I'm a little skeptical of it happening that way:confused: .
Some clip them off to "avoid" danger I guess?? But sometimes naturally they do break off ex) a missed sting attempt which hits a piece of bark and snaps it off, stuff like that.