white butt gunk

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a t blondi this morning that was fine, I started to watch it roll over to molt and then I had to leave the house for awhile, came home later in the day and the t had shed, but it was now dead, there where these white dots around its ass that Ive never seen before, knot sure if its the problem, I sat there and stared at them, they didnt seem to be moving,Im positively sure they are not mites, anyone out there able to enlighten me on this white butt killer?:?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hm?

what kind of substrate do you use? i feel sad for your loss:( , i have always heard of complications with blondi's moulting, are you sure they are not mites? and it also may have to do with humidity, but for that fact i am not sure, maybe someine else can help you much better then i did! Sorry again for the loss:(

James

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Were they just white dots on the abdomen, or actual white paste/gunk? and was it concentrated around the anus or scattered about? White gunk in and around the anus has been thought to be a sign of parasitic infection, possibly from nematode worms. On the other hand, if they are small white dots, mites come to mind. You say you are positive that is not what they are, though. If they were mites, though, most likely they would have arrived after the fact rather than having been the actual agent of death. In the thread I posted (yesterday?) about one of my blondi's recent molts (thread titled Bit of a Problem) I had discovered my smaller blondi had molted, but now had maggots or larvae of some kind crawling about its abdomen. Some of them were very tiny, and looked almost like white spots that didn't move. That condition, I'm sure, was brought on by an overdose in humidity; what was the humidity like in your blondi's tank? Sorry I don't know more, maybe some of this helps.

Adrian

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The white gathered at the anus is what I've dubbed the buttplug of doom. It does seem to be associated with a wasting disease that is cautiously linked with a nematode infection, although it may very well turn out to be a secondary issue.

I feel for you, on the redleg I said was killing but not eating I did a up close and personal inspection yesterday and discovered a white pasty goo in her mouth area. I examined it under the microscope and found no nematodes but found what appears to be yeast. I'm wondering if Ts might not be susceptible to something along the lines candidiasis. I'm debating whether to try treating the *mouth* area with something like funginail, but also wonder if that would do more harm than good.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Buttplug of doom...lol...

You're slayin me CM. Not a funny condition but definately a great name for it.

Phil

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so sorry for your loss.
So far I haven't encountered anything like that.

But I feel bad for you. I know how much the twins Love their little StarRacer and would be very heartbroken if we lost it.

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I kinda encountered something like that a month before my A. Avic passed away, it started crusting around its anus area for awhile and i cleaned it up a few times.