white---> BLACK!

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello, So last night i looked at my curly hair tarantula and it's abdomen looked like this...

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
now this morning when i woke up i looked at his abdomen and the thing turn PITCH BLACK. it's 100% black black black. So a molt will be here soon, does anyone know how long after their whole abdomen changes to pitch black that they molt? will it happen today? or will it be a few days? weeks? Thanks
-Mike

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i think it varies species to species, and also on size of the t. my 8.5-9" T. blondi stayed jet black for a week before molting. My C. lamanai did the same. my curly (4") lasted 4 days last time. ive noticed slings molt within a day or two of changing color most of the time. by the way, that curly has the baldest ass ive ever seen on that species:D .

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It was a little over a week before my 4" A. chalcodes molted after her abdomen turned black. I think it depends on the growth rate of the individual.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Once I notice my curly's rump is black its about a week or two.....She also will barricade herself in her burrow till she's done and ready to eat again.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes I agree that its fixing to molt because our T.Blondi also turned jet black before they moulted.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck with your upcoming molt. The T's set-up looks kinda dry, you may want to bring up the humidity some to help the T in the molt process.

I usually do this by getting part of the substrate moist and putting a paper towell in between the lid and the top of the cage. Also make sure its water dish is always full.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Parahybana took almost 2 weeks to molt after his abdomen turned black

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks every, the humidity is up, i use teh papertowle method it works good, i use that for most of my T's unless tehy have a burrow

caligulathegod- HAHAHAHA!!!!! WOW THAT IS SO GREAT, I NEVER EXPECTED TO SEE THAT! HAHAHAAH WOW... THAT IS AWESOME, HIGHFIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha.. ok i'm done laughing.. hahaaaa...ok yea.. ha
-Mike

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Speaking of which, my blondi sling, which has refused food for almost 2 weeks, had the light peach colored butt until this afternoon and now is black, too. I've had it since April and this is its first molt. I can't wait to finally sex it! My last 2 molts turned out to be female. 2 down and 2 to go.

Anyway, not one to let a good joke just die and ready to take advantage of my sling premolting...

Here's my before:

Attachments

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
HIYA MIKEY!!!!!

Actually, it's sibling's butts have turned black too and they have gone off food. I'd say within the next two weeks "Curly" should molt.

My, but she has developed a weird lookng opisthoma since I sent her to you!!!

I'm SO laughing out loud!!!!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my curly's turn all black a couple days before they molt. i got a bunch that all just turned JET black (not just the abdomen mind you) and i bet they''ll be molting tonite or tomorrow.

although everyone's different.
peace
dave