White Ants?

flotation

Arachnopeon
First of all I tried using the search function as much as I could but it wasn't enough so I just decided to post this thread.

I left my enclosure for 2days, when I came back today, there were white ant like things on my H.Lividum's part of the enclosure.
My enclosure is something like a box divided into 8 (4x2) boxes with dividers.
The first four boxes contain assorted scorpions while the last row of four only has my H.Lividum (since all my other Ts outgrown it). What I would like to know is what are these ant-like things and why is it only in the T part of the enclosure.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can you take a picture? I would like to see the enclosure..

I doubt you have white ants.. My first thought would be springtails...

flotation

Arachnopeon
Well I didnt take a picture because the first thing that came my mind was too get rid of them.
They were whitish transparent with ant-like behavior.

Heres the pic of the enclosure,
the one with the blue thing is where my lividum is currently located, beside it was its previous box.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since the description is so vague... Im still going to guess you have springtails...

The are tiny & white.. Longish bodies..

The reason you have them... The substrate is moist.. The way its suppose to be.. They are harmless.. But at the same time they are annoying..

A way to test if they are... Let the substrate dry out a bit.. They will die off..
It wont hurt the tarantula at all to be on the dry side for a bit until the mites go away...

kevin88

Arachnopeon
Im thinking springtails as well. Do they jump if you try to touch them? Ants won't jump :p