White and 'Meaty' spot on abdomen after molt

AraneaeRosie

Arachnopeon
459.JPG Hello again people, recently my beautiful b smithi molted and has had no problem with molting before, shes moving fine, drinking and eating. I've noticed a white spot under ber belly, and a flesh looking injury aswell, i dont know i've never experienced this or seen this before on my B smithi...despite this she looks like shes doing fine. I'm just worried these spots could become a problem or is a sign that she is sick...I really, really doubt she has fallen from her enclosure becuse she really isnt known for climbing and she has aaaaalot of substrate so if she were to fall and injur herself from that i'd be really surprised.

Last edited:

louise f

Arachnoangel
Oh hehe, no need to worry those white spots are called the book lungs on the Tarantula ;)
And it is just very normal they tend to tear their molts apart those T`s :D

As for the pics of the T. That looks a little odd to me, but i dont see any leaking of fluids. So i dont think there is much you can do about that.

But do you use heat pads, because if you do, get rid of those.

Last edited:

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
If she's moving, eating and drinking normally then I'd say whatever injury there may be, then most likely she will be fine. Next time she molts, she will heal all that and she will look normal again.

question: is that the dorsal view? That pinkish area where her carapace and abdomen meet? If so, that does look a little unusual, like she scraped it on something before the exo hardened maybe? As long as there's no fluids coming from it I'd still say it's fine though. :)

AraneaeRosie

Arachnopeon
Yes it is
If she's moving, eating and drinking normally then I'd say whatever injury there may be, then most likely she will be fine. Next time she molts, she will heal all that and she will look normal again.

question: is that the dorsal view? That pinkish area where her carapace and abdomen meet? If so, that does look a little unusual, like she scraped it on something before the exo hardened maybe? As long as there's no fluids coming from it I'd still say it's fine though. :)