Whistling Tarantulas

julesee

Arachnopeon
I am looking for a beautiful looking whistling tarantula.
Any suggestions?
I would like a docile one but its ok if it is not. I am going for more looks than personality with this one.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they all look great.

but from what i've read, they have very potent venom and are very fast. i won't use the word aggressive, because that would imply they attack for reasons other than self preservation... but they're definitely not friendly.

edit: ahh... i thought you meant the australian species that are being sold now!

Last edited:

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
By whistling tarantulas do you mean any tarantula that stridulates, of which there are many, or an actual species? What is the scientific name?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
whistling means wolf wistle like when you whistle at a pretty woman.

julesee

Arachnopeon
Does anybody have a specific tarantula in mind that would be a good investment? Something that whistles..hisses whatever you want to call it.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had a Ceratogyrus marshalli that hissed at everything. She was a pretty little thing, but made up for her small size with her big attitude. She never rushed me or anything, she would just stand straight up and hiss. Totally awesome.

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anybody have a specific tarantula in mind that would be a good investment? Something that whistles..hisses whatever you want to call it.
Aussie T's hiss alot-we call them whistling or barking spiders in Australia

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a Ceratogyrus marshalli that hissed at everything. She was a pretty little thing, but made up for her small size with her big attitude. She never rushed me or anything, she would just stand straight up and hiss. Totally awesome.

this isn't a c. marshalli silly ;P

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, why do you say it isn't? I can see the horn even though she is rearing up.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was kinda drunk when i typed that and didn't notice the horn... it looked just like my Pterinochilus chordatus when i first looked at it. but NOW i see the horn :8o