Which to get???

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am going to purchase some new slings and these are my choices, the number of species I get depends on their prices.
1. Acanthoscurria ferina
2. Acanthoscurria fracta
3. Avic. metallica
4. Avic. versicolor
5. Ceratogyrus marshalli
6. Chilobrachys huahini
7. G. chalcothrix
8. G. mendozae
9. Iridopelma receefi
10. Lasiodora striatipes
11. P. cancerides
12. Pokie fasciata
13. Pamphobeteus sp. (from Ecuador)
14. P. reduncans
15. T. trunculentus

Just curious on everyones views on these species.

Andy

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey there

i'll give you the 5 i'd choose:

1. Acanthoscurria ferina
4. Avic. versicolor
6. Chilobrachys huahini
8. G. mendozae
10. Lasiodora striatipes
11. P. cancerides
12. Pokie fasciata
14. P. reduncans

alright, so 8.
I really dig the C.huahini. They're cool as hell!
can't go wrong with any of them though...

peace
dave

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Andy.I got an A metallica,still kinda small but molts quickly.I also just picked up a 6" p.cancerides at the reptile show in Monroeville,Pa. for $30.Thought maybe youd be there,They had a lot of nice t's ........rich

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I'd go with the A. metallica and the L. striatipes. The metallica is on my "want" list and I love my L. striatipes, she's just so frickin cool! Not really colorful, but the various shades of brown make her very attractive and she never ever turns down a meal unless she's in premolt.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I would definaterly go with the Versicolor. and my second choice would most likely be the metallica.

TheDon

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would put fasciata, metallica and versicolor on top of the "toget"-list. I love those T's.

wuk88

Arachnopeon
Get A.versicolor I have one and it's probably my favorite of the T's I own and it's a good eater and fast grower.

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
avics are one of my faves so i'd defintely get the versicolour and the metallica :)

tbh i'm not familiar with most of your other s on the list but it probably won't change my mind if i did :D

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh come on guys, don't forget how sharp and quite an eater the P.cancerides is. I just love mine. And then I would definately go for the pokes. Also the versicolors are gorgeous.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P.Cancerides

Hi

Oh, yes :D, my P.cancerides has attacked all the things inside the tank that it can attack, even "abstract" things like the flashlight beam.
A tarantula to get, really awesome and full of life:), I just love it, (beside my 2 #1 favs. P.irminia, C.thorelli ).
My 2 versicolors are also a "must" in the collection.
Pokies are also super. :)

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I think I'd get these:

Avic. versicolor
G. mendozae
P. cancerides
Pokie fasciata

Ok leave the Pokie and get the metalica. And just think, you've paid for the shipping and how much cheaper it is for another to come to live with you now than if you wait :D

Nevermind me, that's just the T-addiction speaking.....

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK, here's the ones I'm leaning towards:
Avicularia versicolor
Acanthoscurria ferina
Ceratogyrus marshalli
Chilobrachys huahini
Phormictopus cancerides
Avicularia metallica

I'll post and let you all know if I get all of these.

Andy

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would pick...........

Anything from the genus Psalmopoeus is awesome.........every one I have bought so far has been great. One of my favorites is the P.cambridgei I bought just over a year ago.........it was a very small 1" then........now it is a big 6", and a very impressive female, with alot if beautiful colors and contrasts. I also think the species Pamphobeteus is a species not often talked of, and is one of the great, underestimated T's out there. I bought a plattyomma last Dec., and it was just over 3" then, now after a couple of moults, it is about 6" , and still growing fast. It is calmer than I have read of, never kicks hairs, and will come marching toward me , out of it's hide, when it knows I have food for it! And it is always hungry, never turns down a meal, unless of course, it is nearing a molt. And it has a subtle attractiveness, I think...........the colors are a muted smoky black, with pinkish/red hairs on the femurs, and the opisthosoma. I think it looks great, one of the prettiest of the big spiders, approaching 9" when full grown. Mine is a female, and though I bought it not as a favorite, it is now one of my favorite species, I am very impressed by this species, and would like to get more. I think the Pamphobeteus is a vastly underated spider.:)

Last edited:

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, I am going to get these 6
Avicularia metallica
Avicularia versicolor
Acanthoscurria ferina
Ceratogyrus marshalli
Chilobrachys huahini
and Phormictopus cancerides

Total price including overnight shipping $100, good deal or not?

Andy