which tarantulas should I get?

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
An Indian Violet (Chilobrachys fimbriatus) or a Malaysian Earth Tiger (Cyriopagopus thorelli)?? can't decide which one to get....
:?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Based on looks I think that the Malaysian Earth Tiger would be my choice.

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
Based on looks I think that the Malaysian Earth Tiger would be my choice.
hmm.. for $55.. do you think that's a good price for Malaysian Earth Tiger? it's 3/4 "

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
My vote would go to the C. fimbriatus. One of the nicest lookers around.

Bill

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
My vote would go to the C. fimbriatus. One of the nicest lookers around.

Bill
both of them are nice. what color is your C. fimbriatus? can you see the tiger markings on the abdomen?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Right now It's about 2.5 inches or so, and VERY reclusive. the abdomen markings are there, and quite visible (I finally got to watch it in action today, what a little monster it is!) The coloring is mostly brownish, with black legs beyond the femurs. Sort of looks like it's wearing stockings ( I don't know what size the purple becomes evident, but I like the way it looks now just as much). I fed it today, and it chased a cricket with a determination I've not seen in any of my other T's, and when it finally caught it, dragged it backwards into it's vial/burrow with record speed. The amount of clicking it's legs made on the walls as it chased the cricket into the corner was hilarious. I love this sucker.

Bill

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Right now It's about 2.5 inches or so, and VERY reclusive. the abdomen markings are there, and quite visible (I finally got to watch it in action today, what a little monster it is!) The coloring is mostly brownish, with black legs beyond the femurs. Sort of looks like it's wearing stockings ( I don't know what size the purple becomes evident, but I like the way it looks now just as much). I fed it today, and it chased a cricket with a determination I've not seen in any of my other T's, and when it finally caught it, dragged it backwards into it's vial/burrow with record speed. The amount of clicking it's legs made on the walls as it chased the cricket into the corner was hilarious. I love this sucker.

Bill
nice.... I think I'm going to get both..