Which T would be a pitbull? Chihuahua?

J_D_D

Arachnopeon
This should be interesting. If you could only describe different Ts by comparing them to dog breeds, what would be what? Plenty of dog breeds and different tarantulas out there so have some fun.

Thank you and I look forward to the responses.

J_D_D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
This sounds impossible. It seems that the only way to classify any dog breeds here would be to go by what is their stereotypically observed behaviour as written about in newspapers, like "pit bull -> bites lots of babies" and since that's not any form of accurate portrayal of that or any other dog, that sort of angle seems rather impossible to find in your comparison.

You could compare size, but what would be the point. Colour? Meh. Really, unless you want dog people chomping all over this discussion it's the same you rephrase your post to:

"I'm new to the hobby, I know nothing much about Ts, how can their behaviour be described if you compare different species."

How about that? :)

J_D_D

Arachnopeon
well, i am new to the hobby, but I have a decent understanding of different behaviours/characteristics different tarantulas have. So it wasn't for informing me as much as it was for people to have fun with. I wasn't looking for stereotypes like pitbulls biting babies, b/c only a small percentage of pitbulls are like that and the ones that are aren't to blame for it. Instead of instantly jumping to stereotypes you could of just had some fun with it and said a tarantula with bulkier front legs, reminds you of a pitbull you or a friend of yours has, etc. Or picked a completely different breed entirely. This isn't for research or anything scientific. It's just a thread where if someone wants to, they can describe(or tell a story) why (for example) their Brachypelma albopilosum remindes them of their Poodle or someone elses, or why someones G. pulchripes reminds them of a Lab. Relax...

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
chihuahua=obt, chihuahuas are evil dogs, i dont trust em-small and vicious
pitbull= T.blondi, because of that beefy look

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This isn't for research or anything scientific. It's just a thread where if someone wants to, they can describe(or tell a story) why (for example) their Brachypelma albopilosum remindes them of their Poodle or someone elses, or why someones G. pulchripes reminds them of a Lab.
i think perhaps you might have put your thread in the wrong place then? doesn't this qualify as "chat" material? :?

edit: looks like it got moved :D

anyway, to make this reply not pointless, i'm going to have to say i cannot "see" the corrolation in my head. faulty wiring, maybe? dogs are dogs, Ts are Ts. if i could or had to liken any of them, i'd say my G. rosea is like the super friendly, ugly mutt you find on the side of the road you can't help but take home because you feel sorry for it.

Last edited:

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My pits a good boy. This question offended him!

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Rottie is the biggest baby i know, the neighbors little dog however.

You're asking a loaded question that really isn't fair. I despise little dogs since most of their owners know nothing of how to train their dogs.

So a Rosie is a pitbull and an OBT is a chihuahua,

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pitbull= a group of dogs with various features that can be anything from a mutt to a american bully.... A true APBT is a breed unto itself and not a "PITBULL" so to speak.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do we really need to get scientific here? This guy just wanted to start a thread for a little fun lol.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hahahahaha :D

It could be worse. He could have said something like... Obama / Saddam to tarantula comparisons?

Obama= G.Pulchra

Saddam= B.albopilosum (Hides in a hole in the ground)

...jk Noone get angry at that ... :cool::cool:

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
anyone can think what Kim jung il is for?

nigsbro

Arachnopeon

It could be worse. He could have said something like... Obama / Saddam to tarantula comparisons?

Obama= G.Pulchra

lmfaooooooooooooooo nice 1 man {D

J_D_D

Arachnopeon
B8709 -- How did your pit get offended?!? Like I said in my second post, this isn't about stereotypes. It is completely custom for each person(who doesn't instantly jump to stereotypes). Maybe YOUR pit runs around a lot and maybe you could use that to compare it to a certain T that you have, or maybe YOUR dog digs a lot and it reminds you of a certain T that you have. Notice how I said YOUR? I'm not saying every dog in a certain breed is the same. Also I am not saying all Ts of a certain sp. are the same. It's just "my certain T(not all of that kind) reminds me of my certain dog, or my friends dog, or whatever, and why. The "why" part is important b/c each dog and each tarantula are individual! Sorry for any earlier confusion.

Last edited:

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire

Obama= G.Pulchra

I am still crying that was the funniest thing I've seen here!!!!!!!!

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cyriocosmus sp= Chihuahua
Pamphobeteus sp= Great Dane
Brachypelma albopilosum= Standard Poodle