Which T Was in Home Alone Movie?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
IN a different scene of that movie it shows a Brachypelma smithi I believe, but that one doesn't look like a B.smithi. Probably some kind of Brachy though.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IN a different scene of that movie it shows a Brachypelma smithi I believe, but that one doesn't look like a B.smithi. Probably some kind of Brachy though.
So they switched them to do that scene? Drat, I felt so clever.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i remember that movie,and yeah seeing that t,it looked kinda like a curlyhair,but not positive on that.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
B. auratum maybe? It looks like it has yellow/orangeish knees, but nowhere near as bright as a B. smithi, at least imho.

I love Marv's scream though! {D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
B. auratum maybe? It looks like it has yellow/orangeish knees, but nowhere near as bright as a B. smithi, at least imho.

I love Marv's scream though! {D
Oh yeah I know in that scene it isn't B.smithi, but in I am gonna say this again, I believe there is a scene where it shows it as a B.smithi.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the one on the face looks like a smithi, but mine doesnt have tan on the underside of the opisthosoma. I am guessing A. seemanni because it does look a bit striped

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the one on the face looks like a smithi, but mine doesnt have tan on the underside of the opisthosoma. I am guessing A. seemanni because it does look a bit striped
I was thinking that as well, but I was thinking it would be a bit more skittish then that.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
In that clip it looked like a younger chaco (G. aureostriata) to me..... Been a long time since I saw that movie though.....

Why the brachy definitely comment? Just curious, not challenging.

I'm fairly certain that's no A. seemanni.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
All searches point to a rosea.... nothing I would consider reliable was found though.

WRXspecR1

Arachnopeon
In the early 90's there were not so many species available... some brachypelma, aphonopelma, Avicularia and the G. rosea. Maybe more than that but not easily available. I think G. aureostriata was not yet known, it was describe in 2001 if I remerber well.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No way it's an A. seemani if seemanis are generally as skittish as mine is.