Which spider can see good?

SpiderRider1996

Arachnopeon
I’ve learned that spiders have no good vision despite the number of their eyes lol so which tarantula have good vision? I’m asking for your opinion because google fail to answer.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
I’ve learned that spiders have no good vision despite the number of their eyes lol so which tarantula have good vision? I’m asking for your opinion because google fail to answer.
No species of tarantula have good eyesight but Salticidae have great eyesight. Also Lycosidae and few other families have pretty good eyesight.

Stemmy101

Arachnosquire
Tarantulas rely mostly on vibrations, and as a whole don't have good eyesight. There are some true spiders that have good eyesight tho.

magouilles

Arachnoknight
no t sees really well
they rely on their setae and their web to feel vibrations
as said above, Salticidae have really good visions
I also know Eresidae have better vision than some other spider families

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Just an out there thought... Might just be me, but I've noticed that arboreal tarantulas usually have a slightly bigger "eye clusters" in proportion to their carapace than terrestrials, not by much, but could this possibly make them be able to "see" a bit better than terrestrials? This might be the reason that pokies, H macs, and other OW arboreals might be a bit more photosensitive, or I could just be completely wrong idk...

Hey tfeets. How you been
Hey, I've been doing good, just not posting that much recently. How are you?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
IME, and others, certain arboreals seem to see the best, which isn't saying much. Jumpers have the best vision.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Just an out there thought... Might just be me, but I've noticed that arboreal tarantulas usually have a slightly bigger "eye clusters" in proportion to their carapace than terrestrials, not by much, but could this possibly make them be able to "see" a bit better than terrestrials? This might be the reason that pokies, H macs, and other OW arboreals might be a bit more photosensitive, or I could just be completely wrong idk...

Hey, I've been doing good, just not posting that much recently. How are you?
Been doing good. Life’s been a little chaotic but keep rolling with the punches

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Vision from what humans understand is nill.

Like @viper69 said arboreals have slightly better vision.

As far as colors go that's a different story. There's now quite a few topics on this but the discovery was recent. I just grabbed one site that talks about it, read below.

SpiderRider1996

Arachnopeon
IME, and others, certain arboreals seem to see the best, which isn't saying much. Jumpers have the best vision.
I know that as I follow a group with people having jumping spiders but they don’t live very long so I am searching for different option. Thanks anyways

Vision from what humans understand is nill.

Like @viper69 said arboreals have slightly better vision.

As far as colors go that's a different story. There's now quite a few topics on this but the discovery was recent. I just grabbed one site that talks about it, read below.

Totally get your point but spiders which can see seem to have personality which all my spiders lack. I didn’t know that was the case tho, I simply thought that as they see me everyday that makes them no longer scared but just learned that wasn’t the case and now reading your comments the hard truth hit me very hard and the disappointment is very big … it’s like I’ve been living in a lie 😂

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Ogre-faced spiders too, Deinopidae. Faces that are hard to forget. Remind anyone of an ex-wife or ex-husband?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I’ve noticed some of my pokies seem to be keen on seeing a catch cup when I am attempting to capture rogue MMs after a pairing. I’ve seen P. rufilata teleport from the outside of a 1 gallon onto my jeans as well. About a 1 foot leap and turn for a perfect landing onto my knee. I would go as far to say they can see “well enough” from my own observations. Terrestrials can’t see worth a damn.

There’s a few Arboreal Ts can see fairly well imo. Some tend to have 2 large eyes. I suspect those species with those attributes can see a lot better than most give credit.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know that as I follow a group with people having jumping spiders but they don’t live very long so I am searching for different option. Thanks anyways
There’s no T like a Jumper. Examine a Ts anatomy and you’ll see what their primary sensory input is.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Maybe arboreals and jumpers developed better vision because depth of field is more important to their lifestyle.

It helps to be able to see where you are aiming to jump to, for example. Just a theory, I have no idea if it holds water.