Which species has sparked your interest lately?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I'm going to agree with those saying bumba cabocla, not least because of the cool name.
When I first saw one in person, I was impressed. They look much more interesting in person than online. Very unique spiders. They almost look like a mix between a tarantula and a true spider.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I am strongly considering ordering an Aphonopelma serratum
You should also check out A. moderatum. I recently found out about this species and they're so beautiful! Really unique appearance, especially for a tarantula from the US. I'm considering ordering one.

Tarantula1996

Arachnopeon
Im back into Brachypelmas again, have had B. hamorii's forever but never bought others because they are usually too pricy especially Juveniles and females. But lately Ive seen a surge in them especially females and Juvies and I make enough money to get them now.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Im back into Brachypelmas again, have had B. hamorii's forever but never bought others because they are usually too pricy especially Juveniles and females. But lately Ive seen a surge in them especially females and Juvies and I make enough money to get them now.
I know what you mean. I was actually never into Brachys until recently. When I first started out, they were too expensive, too slow growing, and just didn't interest me as much as other spiders. Now that I've been in the hobby for a little while, I'm being drawn to them. They're such pretty spiders with a great temperament. Which species do you have your eye on?

ErikElvis

Newb
You should also check out A. moderatum. I recently found out about this species and they're so beautiful! Really unique appearance, especially for a tarantula from the US. I'm considering ordering one.
I like the looks of the moderatum but I’m trying to stay away from angry T’s. I went for 2 geniculata slings because I think theyre so pretty but don’t like the idea of aggressive T’s.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I like the looks of the moderatum but I’m trying to stay away from angry T’s. I went for 2 geniculata slings because I think theyre so pretty but don’t like the idea of aggressive T’s.
A. moderatum is actually a very docile species...basically a pet rock.. A lot like A. chalcodes but with more interesting coloration (in my opinion). You'll like those A. geniculata slings though!

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
The whole Genus to be quite frank has sparked my interest.

At first I completely dismissed this Genus as mainly North American species did not seem "exotic" enough for me. But now I find them quite interesting and beautiful. And though from the States, many species are still much more rarely captive bred than other New Worlds. I feel like my collection needs some Aphonopelma in it.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I realised my rosea/porteri are aging year by year, and although not the most exciting spider, I love their looks (both color forms) and ease of care. I'm thinking it's time to get some slings, as by the time they mature my current females will be 25+

clive 82

Arachnoknight
A. moderatum is actually a very docile species...basically a pet rock.. A lot like A. chalcodes but with more interesting coloration (in my opinion). You'll like those A. geniculata slings though!
A genics are brilliant. Everyone should own one at some point!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Here are the species that have captured my attention enough to actually go and get them.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Simply beautiful, striking...and a great display species.
Dolichothele diamantinensis - Another beautiful spider, this one is a dwarf species that seems to do everything at light speed
Acanthoscurria geniculata - This is such an impressive species. Images of the adults are so eye catching.
Aphonopelma seemanni - My very first Tarantula was an A.seemanni, lots of sentimental value there. I found a source for Blue phase slings, and I could not, would not, say no.
Pterinopelma sazimai - A completely BLUE spider...who could possibly say “no” to that?...ever?
Phormictopus sp southern hispaniola - First the images caught my eye, reading about them caught my heart. Now I’m going to try and get all the Phormictopus that are available in the hobby. Probably the most underrated genus in the hobby...in my opinion.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Just ordered:

a 3" female GBB

a 1.5" well started M. robustum sling

Not sure which I'm more excited for :)

arctichen

Arachnopeon
A. chalcodes.
The colors, size, and their character really get me going. Also how easy they are to care for.
Unfortunately, here in Poland they're pretty rare to find, and I'm doing my best to find one now lol

Fhrnht

Arachnopeon
I'm actually a beginner (only have an albopilosum and a geniculata) but my wishlist for later is:

C. Versicolor
C. Marshalli
P. Metallica

But i'm not sure i'm ready for this kind of species right now, i'd rather read tons of informations about them before that and i'm not in a rush, i'll stay with 2 for a while :)

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I'm actually a beginner (only have an albopilosum and a geniculata) but my wishlist for later is:

C. Versicolor
C. Marshalli
P. Metallica

But i'm not sure i'm ready for this kind of species right now, i'd rather read tons of informations about them before that and i'm not in a rush, i'll stay with 2 for a while :)
Good man!!...or woman :)

Wish more folk thought like you.

That being said...if you feel so inclined to add to the collection...which is a very real possibility....their are MANY good choices. Just not the ones you mentioned ;)

Fhrnht

Arachnopeon
Good man!!...or woman :)

Wish more folk thought like you.

That being said...if you feel so inclined to add to the collection...which is a very real possibility....their are MANY good choices. Just not the ones you mentioned ;)
Man :D i know, maybe i'll get more NW before i get there, but that's just my favorites ^^

Nakai

Arachnopeon
I've been doing a lot of research on species I didn't previously know a lot about, and I'm always stunned by how many amazing species there are. What are some species that you've been reading about during quarantine that you'd add to your ultimate wish list?
Monocentropus Balfour got my attention 🤷🏼