Which species has sparked your interest lately?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I've been doing a lot of research on species I didn't previously know a lot about, and I'm always stunned by how many amazing species there are. What are some species that you've been reading about during quarantine that you'd add to your ultimate wish list?

mellow

Arachnobaron
I would love to get a few Heterometrus swammerdami, a Scolopendra alternans, and a Opistophthalmus glabrifrons or another opistophthalmus species. 😃

jcmbibb311

Arachnopeon
Really wanting an N. tripepii. Not something i really took notice of before but now i’m in love with them. I’m hoping I’m able to get one soon! Also, oddly enough, I’d like a grammostola rosea. I think they’re gorgeous.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Really wanting an N. tripepii. Not something i really took notice of before but now i’m in love with them. I’m hoping I’m able to get one soon! Also, oddly enough, I’d like a grammostola rosea. I think they’re gorgeous.
I think that both species are beautiful. I've also been wanting a G. rosea lately, but they're so difficult to find unless they're extremely small slings. I'm not sure if I'd have the patience for the extremely slow growth rate. N. tripepii though....so tempting! That and N. colroatovillosus are my favorite of the genus.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
P. muticus. I always just saw them as kinda brown, boring Ts but lately Ive seen them in a different light.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
P. muticus. I always just saw them as kinda brown, boring Ts but lately Ive seen them in a different light.
I actually purchased another one here about 4 months ago. Fell in love with them all over again. Just did a rehouse yesterday. My gf got to see first hand why myself and others say don’t get one as a first T if you’re a beginner haha. Zoom zoom.

edit: I read that as p.murinus. Apparently I need glasses.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I actually purchased another one here about 4 months ago. Fell in love with them all over again. Just did a rehouse yesterday. My gf got to see first hand why myself and others say don’t get one as a first T if you’re a beginner haha. Zoom zoom.
Ive never owned one but not for the faint hearted?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Ive never owned one but not for the faint hearted?
I apologize. I read that as p.murinus as in OBT. I actually haven’t owned one either, but I do plan on adding one to my collection. From my understanding however, they spend a ton of time in their burrow.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I apologize. I read that as p.murinus as in OBT. I actually haven’t owned one either, but I do plan on adding one to my collection. From my understanding however, they spend a ton of time in their burrow.
Apparently the definition of pet hole. Having said that there is something about that burrowing behaviour that is fascinating.
As for the OBT, not sure if I would get one or not. I like the more subtle colours of the P. chordatus

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Apparently the definition of pet hole. Having said that there is something about that burrowing behaviour that is fascinating.
As for the OBT, not sure if I would get one or not. I like the more subtle colours of the P. chordatus
I’m right there with you on the burrowing. Especially when they make it where you can see it.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
I think I might need a N incei and a Bumba cabocla. That thread on overrated/underrated species has got me intrigued.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They are great. One of my all time favorites. I myself just recently got a C. Marshalli as a freebie. I never had an interest in the horned baboons but the personality on this little guy got me really excited about them.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I think I might need a N incei and a Bumba cabocla. That thread on overrated/underrated species has got me intrigued.
I'm way more fond of my Bumba cabocla than I thought I would be. They were never on my list, but I was given a tiny spiderling as a gift. Turns out she's female and a really lovely species - very different looking. Mine still spends most of her time burrowed, she's only about 2", but I understand that they become more visible with size. My girl only comes out like this when she's hungry. On the slower growing end for a tropical species, but they have a voracious appetite and very rarely fast. They're fast and skittish, but I've never seen any defensive behaviour from her.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
I'm way more fond of my Bumba cabocla than I thought I would be. They were never on my list, but I was given a tiny spiderling as a gift. Turns out she's female and a really lovely species - very different looking. Mine still spends most of her time burrowed, she's only about 2", but I understand that they become more visible with size. My girl only comes out like this when she's hungry. On the slower growing end for a tropical species, but they have a voracious appetite and very rarely fast. They're fast and skittish, but I've never seen any defensive behaviour from her.
Awww......she's lovely. Now I REALLY, really want one...