Which species has given you the most threat poses?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
For me, it's by far my P. sazimai specimens. They threat pose their food half the time. :rofl:

Those two have given me more threat poses than the other 42 I've kept combined.

How about you?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
For me:

Encyocratella olivacea
Harpactira pulchripes
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
Pterinochilus murinus

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus cf. antinous ‘Big Black’
Phormictopus sp. ‘blue’

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
C. lividus, G. porteri, H. maculata, and P. metallica (maybe) I've gotten one threat pose out of each, so I have a four way tie.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Ive only gotten one threat posture in the 2 years ive been keeping Ts and it was my lovely redhead T, the Grammostola Conceptión..apon rehousing after unboxing. Just loves rubbing her fangs together menacingly

92qwerty

Arachnopeon
20190119_212646.jpg my Nhandu chromatus
Its like this if you so much as look at its enclosure,and can stay in this position for 20 mins or so.
Im hoping for an attitude change when it molts.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
My D. diamantinensis male. From his penultimate to his ultimate molt, he threat postured every time I fed him (but still ate well). It was a grumpy 4 months.

boina

Lady of the mites
H. namaquensis. It's a bit strange, because I've three of them (from @KezyGLA ), all female, and while two of them are pretty chill the third spazzed out at every occasion. Every stupid little mealworm gets threat postured extensively and feeding roaches invariably involves running around and falling on her back, fangs exposed. @Garth Vader - can I get a diagnosis, please, and some treatment options o_O? I'm kind of thinking about some anxiety disorder :penguin:. ;)

basin79

ArachnoGod
This lass is probably my most defensive tarantula with regards to a threat posture. If I'm recording her to feed she will sometimes rear up. With that typed they're still a rare occurance.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
#1- C. lividum
#2- only one of my C. marshallis
Other than that I think it's kinda wierd for how many OWs I have that I dont really get that many threat poses unless I'm actually rehousing.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Easily my AF Pterinochilus murinus. Had a few from my Chilobrachys sp Vietnam blue when I first got her, but had none for months. Had a few from my Lampropelma violaceopes too. Never had one from any pokie though.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
View attachment 298404 my Nhandu chromatus
Its like this if you so much as look at its enclosure,and can stay in this position for 20 mins or so.
Im hoping for an attitude change when it molts.
Why do you wish for change? I'd take this over clouds of hairs any day. Look at it's adorable anger. :rofl:

My quickest to threat postures currently is a small 2" M. balfouri juvenile.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In recent memory, it is Monocentropus balfouri. Runners up are P. sazimai and Phormictopus sp. purple
4E037E4A-C96A-45BF-9C8D-0A24B04C565B.jpeg