Which should be bred?

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey i am going to breed either, Avicularia versicolor, or Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Greenbottle blue). I'm only going to breed one or the other. What one do you think we need more of? and more important, which one would be easier to get rid of? When i breed them, i'm not doing it for the money... totally... So i would probably sell the slings for like $5! CHEAPNESS!!! maybe $7 i'm not sure. but definatly no more than $10. i know i like to buy T's cheap, so why not sell them cheap? yea well... let me know. Avicularia versicolor OR Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

thats a tough one! I say to go with the....

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

btw-If you did sell them that cheap, i would buy 5 or 10 from you;)

James

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would think either would be easy to sell. Both are highly prized T's.
If I were you, and could breed them both, surely I would..;)
Go for Both.

Ernie

BTW, Do you own male and female of both species?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Breed them both.
The more nice healthy captive bred in the hobby the better.

:)

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, thanks for the replies so far, but i will most likely breed both, but i'm doing one at a time here. i don't want to take the chances of both making egg sacs at the same time, which is unlikely but if it happened, i would have tarantula babies everywhere, not to mention all the flightless fruit flies, and vials i would need, i can prepare for one, and then try the other, i'm not taking chances, haha. so.. pick one!! please!!! don't say both it would be easier for me!! haha thanks, which one should be bred, first? haha. there we go. Who should be first?

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mike,
Not to come across as rude but it almost seems that you are breeding for the wrong purposes. Money is great but to benifite a captive born purpose is even better. Also to ride youself of the slings for so cheap does not only devalue them on the market it can ruin it for dealer and or people who depend on those prices to live. So think long and hard before you decide to breed.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Fungii

Arachnopeon
I vote for the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. Aren't versicolor slings more sensitive to their enviroment? I know I had a sling that died for no apparent reason. :confused: You could perfect your breeding methods before moving on to the more problematic species.

And put me down for one... hundred. :D

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brandon, I understand where your coming from, but i'm doing this for the RIGHT purposes. It's obviously not about the money, or i would jack the prices up like any old dealer. I am in this to spread the species, and devalue it, i'm not trying to do that, i just want people to be able to get what they want. I am not trying to take away from any other dealers, i'm just offering good T's to good homes. If i sold the slings for $25 each like most people for this species i would feel like i'm stealing from people. I just think of it as being nice, i'm not hurting anyone, im not a threat to any dealers, because this is not my bussiness i am not doing this all the time, it's a one time thing. Would you like me to sell my slings for $25? I don't care about money. But i respect your views, and im sorry but, whichever i breed, are not going to be sold at high prices. I'm also not riding my self of the T's I will keep several, but it wouldn't be to great to be stuck with 500-2500 of them. I'm think about the T's, not me. sorry if you think what i am doing is wrong. I think it's nice.:? :?

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mike,
I am very close friends with a dealer and you would be amazed at what can hurt them! even the littlest things can be harful!! As many dont even know weather there going to have enough money to pay the rent. It is a labor of love. As far as being nice, I dont see how that is so, I mean sure people will love you for getting them great tarantulas at low prices, but in the overall it isnt good for the hobby. Devaluing the price of the tarantulas keeps them from being more valuable as adualts, and also wouldnt alow for much Captive Breeding. Its like rose hairs everyone and their brother has them and therefore there are no good captive breeding programs. Am I really the only person who feels this way??

Sincerely,

Brandon

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:? maybe im getting this all wrong , i normally do but are you trying to say that really only dealers should be allowed to breed n sell Ts? :? personally i think if someone wants to attempt breeding a certain species then i say goodluck to them , there are always going to be customers for the dealers out there , surely theres room for the amatuer enthusiast too. :)

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) gonna put a pillow to my backside because i bet im gonna get my ass kicked now:rolleyes:

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ithuriel,
That isnt what I am saying at all. I myself breed tarantulas and have had great success so in no way am I trying to say that only dealers should breed t's. If that was so there wouldnt be enough of any species. There is pleanty of room for indivduals to sell tarantulas, I myself have too. But to take a spider that cost on average $22 as a sling to then turn around and sell it for $7 to the public is not only degrading to many people, it devalues a great species as well. So no ass kicking ;)

Sincerely,

Brandon

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
coooool :D thought i might have it wrong plus will be able to sit comfortably:D for some time yet.