Which sex am I?

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My pede molted tonight, but I managed to take its molt away before it started munching on it. The first pic shows the molt stretched to its original length. I then cut the molt off at the last few segments and gave the rest back to the pede. The back end of the molt was then filled with water and squeezed to reveal the sexual organs. I cut off the terminal legs because they were getting in the way.

Any guesses and/or expert opinions?

Warning: Big Pictures

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not sure if the "long tube" is only the digestion channel.
Any information on species? Thx.

Cheers
Turgut
The long tube should just be the digestion channel so I folded it back for the last 3 pics.

As for species...

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey,

sometimes I find it quite hard to sex S. hardwickei (compared to S. morsitans, S. cingulata or S. subspinipes), because males not always have good developed gonopods, sometime they appear like very small knobs, sometimes they are good noticable. So even on living specimen it's not easy, but possible to see, if you have some experience and a good macro cam.

I don't know if GS2 is visible in shed skin, but I see something like a GS2 on one of your pics. Nevertheless this could be only something that turned inside out after filling the skin with water - so I don't know what it might be.

They may have some similar appearing structures inside their body, so the "replica" on shed skin can be misleading.

By the way (additional info): Sexing S. hardwickei by outer appearance is impossible in my opinion. This species shows irregular growth patterns and body widths that never match a certain sex. I think Steven can confirm. :)

Cheers
Turgut

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey,

sometimes I find it quite hard to sex S. hardwickei (compared to S. morsitans, S. cingulata or S. subspinipes), because males not always have good developed gonopods, sometime they appear like very small knobs, sometimes they are good noticable. So even on living specimen it's not easy, but possible to see, if you have some experience and a good macro cam.

I don't know if GS2 is visible in shed skin, but I see something like a GS2 on one of your pics. Nevertheless this could be only something that turned inside out after filling the skin with water - so I don't know what it might be.

They may have some similar appearing structures inside their body, so the "replica" on shed skin can be misleading.

By the way (additional info): Sexing S. hardwickei by outer appearance is impossible in my opinion. This species shows irregular growth patterns and body widths that never match a certain sex. I think Steven can confirm. :)

Cheers
Turgut
Thanks for the input. Hopefully I can get another opinion from Steven. I have 3 hardwickei that all look vastly different in terms of banding pattern, including one whose front pair of legs (the "fangs") are completely black.