Which pokie would you choose??

Jerm357

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought a sex female regalis that turned out to be a male from a breeder and he has agreed to give me $50 in credit from his site, but he does not have any more female regalis's that I really want. All he has right now is unsexed 2"-3" striata-$50, 2" pederseni-$40 and 1.25" fasciata-$35. The prices seem kind of high, but it is a dealer site so its kind of expected.

If you had to choose out of these pokie's and price was no concern, which would you pick for looks? What if price was a concern? I assume all pokies are the same about beening out and visable, but if any of these are more hiders than normal please let me know.

Deftones90

Arachnosquire
Personally I'd choose the pederseni even if money was or wasn't an issue. I haven't kept many of that species but what I have had I enjoyed. They seemed a bit more skittish than the regalis I've had.

khaos

Arachnopeon
I would pick the pederseni. I have p regalis myself, but I like the way the pederseni look. No personal experience with them to draw from, however.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I would go with the P striata. I love how my female looks. The fasciatas are gorgeous too. I have a juvie (suspected) male that is a great spider. But overall I like the striata just a bit more.

Jessie

Arachnopeon
I don't have any pokies myself, but I love the look of the pederseni.

Phlerr

Arachnoknight
I say go for the pederseni.I've got P miranda and P metallica slings but that would've been my 3rd choice.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i personally would send the male BACK, get the money invested back, and buy what i really wanted somewhere else

You surely can get a nice sized female here on these boards for cheaper than some 2nd string t from a dealer site.

If the regalis was sold as sexed female (not just looks female ventrally.. THAT is a gamble and cant be held against a dealer.. ITS not always accurate), and ended up arriving male i would be pissed. He/she is trying to work with you though, so just bring it up casually and dont hold a grudge or deem the seller as a BAD seller.

I just would rather have ONE t i really like/ want than 1 male of the sp. and some consolation tarantula

Tarac

Arachnolord
i personally would send the male BACK, get the money invested back, and buy what i really wanted somewhere else

You surely can get a nice sized female here on these boards for cheaper than some 2nd string t from a dealer site.

If the regalis was sold as sexed female (not just looks female ventrally.. THAT is a gamble and cant be held against a dealer.. ITS not always accurate), and ended up arriving male i would be pissed. He/she is trying to work with you though, so just bring it up casually and dont hold a grudge or deem the seller as a BAD seller.

I just would rather have ONE t i really like/ want than 1 male of the sp. and some consolation tarantula
Agreed. How do you know it is a male? That would be revealing as far as how to proceed.

My vote is to politely get your money back as well.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
also, before any decision is made,
was this a RECENT purchase, or one that you got a WHILE AGO, that you just got sexed. That could also make a difference in the situation.
More detalis would be necessary if you are looking for options

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would choose either P. subfasca or P. metallica
Read the original post before posting ;)
I'd get pederseni. They all look very similar to me (the ones available to you), but the pederseni are the most attractive out of the ones mentioned, if you ask me.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Lt for a couple reasons..:sarcasm:

Anyway, the pederseni WOULD be my choice too, unless the option of getting a refund was still a possibility. Again, i would not be happy with a male and a consolation poeci UNLESS that was my only option. All depends on the time frame the OP has had the tarantula.

If i sold you a "ventral" sexed t (that i say LOOKS female) a year ago, and it took you this long to find out it was a male i would only offer a consolation as well..
if i sold you a SEXED female (via molt) and it proved to be male, i would have to eat the loss and either offer consolations, or refund you the money ONCE I GOT THE T BACK..
Only problem is Ive heard of somebody selling a molt sexed female P. metallica (that was sexed by 2 diff. sellers) and the 3rd party complained to the 2nd seller that it was a male.. In that case id be cautious that i was being scammed

For anybody buying and selling ts, these are things to consider. This is why the forum rules insist on clear , detailed TOS and values and such when placing adds. (i know I HAVE been reminded a time or two by the awesome "powers that be" that run this site to re read the rules before posting)

Look for reviews EVERY TIME you buy from people.. you may have bought DOZENS of ts off one guy a year ago, but since his reviews have gone to crap.. Also, read the add THOROUGHLY as well as the TOS and such BEFORE coming to an agreement.

---------- Post added 07-24-2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

THIS SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING, but online dealers and suppliers (outside these forums) have reviews and TOS as well.. Never let them go unchecked.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Well, I have had experience with each of these and for being my most enjoyable/exciting one I would have to say the fasciata followed by the striata. In terms of beautiful patterning and colors the order would be striata, fasciata, pederseni. I would say the best choice would definately be the striata. It came out quite abit more than the others and was just plain cool. I like them all but my pederseni never came out of it's hide EVER!!! And in my opinion, it has the most dull coloring of the pokie's. I would say hold out awhile if you can. Maybe they will get in a formosa, redslate, or subfusca :D

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
P. subfusca "lowland" (wrongly listed as "P. bara" often...)

jarmst4

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd go with a striata. I only have 1 and she is prolly my most active pokie. Love how she is always rearranging her enclosure.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Your being held captive. You paid for something, and recieved something else. Your offered a credit, to ensure you have to buy something new from the same guy. Id opt with Grayzone, returning what you didnt order, or Id tell the guy you want to keep the $50 credit, and get him to spend some time to give you a properl sexed T, if thas what you want.

Jerm357

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The way this happend was I bought a sexed 2"-3" female regalis from the dealer about a year or more ago and his last molt he matured on me. I know the dealer from my local reptile show show so I will be able to talk to him face to face. I paid $50 for the t and up until his last molt I thought I had the female. He just offered me the $50 in credit from what ever he has or I can wait until he finds me a female regalis. Im not really mad at him, thing happens and hes trying to make it right, I mean it sucks because I have to start all over again raising another pokei but at least I got the money form selling the MM regalis and still will get $50 in Ts from him.

sbullet

Arachnoknight
A striata of mine just started being visible almost 24 hours a day, which seemed to happen over night. Just must have been at the age and size where she chose to start showing herself.

Also, in my experience they REALLY can do a number at rearranging their enclosure- one of which webs unlike any pokie i've seen.

web eviction

Arachnolord
I would choose fasciata mine is always out always has been... Second choice would be striata though mine is always hiding. Good luck with whatever you choose to do ;)

jb62

Arachnosquire
I have pederseni , regalis, subfusca hl and LL , two Metallica's, striata , two Miranda's, and a Formosa...
They all are more at ease with sound I found if kept around noise..
So I'd ask for my money back as the price is way too high.
IF I had to get it... it would be the pederseni as striata are like regalis.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2