which one to let go..

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok so i have to lose 1 of my spiders aborials to be exact and i cant decide.

its between a pink toe: avic avic
a 7inch female indian ornamental
or a p. irmina(sun tiger)

i just cant think which one to choose, i love them all.
just wanted some opinions like which ones i defenetly should keep ect.

id love to hear what you think, because im stuck i just cant make a desition.

thanks all.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, for my money it's hard to beat P.regalis. If it was more recently discovered, slings would be going for $80. A great bang for the buck spider, so I'd definitely keep that girl.

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, from a purely financial view, the pinktoe is worth the least (assuming they are all adults)

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Keep the P.regalis and sell me the P.irminia. :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sell the avic or the regalis.. Keep the irminia.. ;)

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well the price of the P irminia and regalis are dropping each year because breeders like me are mass producing them and selling them for so cheap which decrease their market value. If you sell the P regalis now i'm very sure that you can re-buy it after 3 years for much cheaper ;).

I would go for the looks and hardiness

regalis is the hardiest of them all
however, the avic is very beautiful and eye catching from them all because of it's purplish looks while the P irminia has the black and orange coloring. both of them are fuzzy and handble.

If I have to choose who to get rid, it will probably be the regalis :(

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So it's decided then...you'll keep the regalis for sure. :)

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well the price of the P irminia and regalis are dropping each year because breeders like me are mass producing them and selling them for so cheap which decrease their market value. If you sell the P regalis now i'm very sure that you can re-buy it after 3 years for much cheaper ;).

I would go for the looks and hardiness

regalis is the hardiest of them all
however, the avic is very beautiful and eye catching from them all because of it's purplish looks while the P irminia has the black and orange coloring. both of them are fuzzy and handble.

If I have to choose who to get rid, it will probably be the regalis :(

I don't know where you get your P. irminia from, but I've never seen a fuzzy or handleable one.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
If its for cash then sell the p. regalis. If its for space sell the avic.

Hagar
Without info as to why you are 'needing' to get rid of one, our opinions are practically worthless. Either way it sucks to 'need' to get rid of something like a T.

Cheers,

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Yeah, a reason would be nice. I would sell the Avic.

It would have been better if you would have included a poll on this thread.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If its for cash then sell the p. regalis. If its for space sell the avic.
this. i would only keep the avic if you want something to occasionally interact with, since the other two wont be as accomodating. however, i think the regalis and irminia are much more striking imo, so the avic would get ditched if it was me.

Vinnyg253

Arachnopeon
I'd say with my "Vast knowladge"( wow I cant even type that without laughing at myself) I'd look at as: You have three beautiful spiders, two of which are hands off spiders, one you can interact with. Lets face it, as a t owner we've all had the urge to handle our little guys even if they are nasty IE Robc with his Ornata and the guy who has the OBT on his head on you tube. No matter the risk of handling them, we love them so much the temptation is there and we act on it. I know I'd be bummed if I was left without a T I can from time to time handle without fear an almost ensured bite. With that said I'd say sell your Sun-Tiger to someone who will love it as much as you did and keep the Reglis and enjoy its lovely colors and snuggle your avic.

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would ditch the poo shooter (avic).

The other two are awesome display Ts, are worth more, etc etc.

Also harder to come by in adult sizes, so if your situation changes it'll be much easier to get another adult a. avic for a good price. The other two, not so much...

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thankyou all for your opinions, the reason is i only have two proper aborial tanks th one the regalis is in is a terrestriel tank turned on its end, and its not practical because it has a mesh lid so the substrate is a problem, and its just bugging me, i knowppl will say just buy another tall tank.. thats what i thought but dont have enough money as my local reptile shop only sells the exoterrer tall tanks, the rest they sell are normal tanks.

i was thinking do you think the p.irminia would be ok in a terrestrial tank?
i have one that is quite tall, maybe tall enough so the p.irmina can climb up still, just not as high as i would like.

what you think?
because if one of them can ive as a terrestrial for a while then i can keep all 3 and buy an aborial setup at later date.
because i love all of them.

and i dont handle my tarantulas atall so thats not a reason why, but thanks for your opinion.
i dont mind display tarantulas :)

so thoughts?
thanks guys.

p.s im so sorry about my spelling in all my posts im dyslexic and i type fast, and im trying to use the scientific names as well as i can because i know some ppl on here dont like to use the commen name.