Which one should I get next? :)

ChienMauvah

Arachnopeon
Haha I wish I had more! but I like the variety...
I need to sneak ninja style at 3 a.m to have a glance at her! They are REALLY beautiful!
It actually was a birthday gift from my college teacher! So I called her Professor Peter... :geek:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been keeping T's for about 6 years now..
No I don't have any slings currently! My youngest is Brachypelma emilia, She's about 8 months old I believe!
Close by is Pterinochilus murinus!

Thanks all for the suggestion!

Goliath is one I wanted for a while..
A Pokie would be awesome eventually for sure..
A. geniculata, N. chromatu , P. Irminia, P. Regalis, H. pulchripe .. Yes Please.

But I got to limit myself to one for the moment lol (will come back to you guys's suggestion when I need another!)

P. cambridge is probably what I will go for! Considering your message, spideyspinneret78. You sold it well!

Thanks again guys!
I recommend N incei- the most overlooked and one of the most exciting NW species out there.

cold blood

Staff member
I NEED TO SAY:

I LOVE YOU. ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE HETEROSCODRA MACULATA.

ALSO:

WHY ONLY ONE???
Easily my least favorite t ive ever owned....i dont even take free ones anymore...lol....to each their own, i just dont get the hype that follows H. mac around.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The answer to this question is always "If you don't have an Acanthoscurria geniculata then get an Acanthoscurria geniculata".

Psalmopoeus irminia is also a good shout.

ChienMauvah

Arachnopeon
Damn those are really nice pics!

What about P. cambridgei?
Can you say Psalmopoeus irminia or Acanthoscurria geniculata is a better choice?

To be clear I would love to own all of them and I know they all have different things to offer. I'm gradually expanding my collection and I'm planning to order my next T friday.
I guess I would like my next one not to be too shy..

ChienMauvah

Arachnopeon
Hey guys will I got this thread going, what are the steps to take if I find a nice piece of wood in the forest
and would like to offer it to a T? What about leafs? Is this a good idea? I see some owner doing it online but I'm uncertain about how to make sure it is safe for my T.

Is cooking it in the Oven for a bit good enough?
And for the leafs?

I always use cork bark and leafs bought from a pet shop... Thanks :D

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Out of every Psalmopoeus species I've kept so far, cambridgei is by far my least favourite (I can already sense cold blood getting ready to decry every single one of my tarantulas as broken). I got a juvenile a while back and I saw him about 6 times over the course of a year (including unboxing, a rehouse, and packing him up to ship off as an MM), everyone insisted he was an anomaly so I eventually got a sling to replace him, I haven't seen him much more often than the last one in the year or so that I've had him, I will not be getting another after he hooks out.

Can you say Psalmopoeus irminia or Acanthoscurria geniculata is a better choice?

To be clear I would love to own all of them and I know they all have different things to offer. I'm gradually expanding my collection and I'm planning to order my next T friday.
Psalmopoeus irminia is my favourite species from the genus by a country mile but it seems to be a case of flip a coin to see whether you get one that you see daily or one that hides for 6 months straight.

Acanthoscurria geniculata is just one of my favourite species in general, they're gorgeous, once they hit juvie sizes they don't know what hiding is, they're hardy, they're gorgeous, they get big, they eat like they've never been fed, did I mention that they're gorgeous? It's a cliché thing to say but they're a must have for any collection.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Damn those are really nice pics!

P cams are the largest of the genus I believe. I’ve owned irminia and pulcher. Irminia are quite photosensitive and more reclusive than either.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Out of every Psalmopoeus species I've kept so far, cambridgei is by far my least favourite (I can already sense cold blood getting ready to decry every single one of my tarantulas as broken). I got a juvenile a while back and I saw him about 6 times over the course of a year (including unboxing, a rehouse, and packing him up to ship off as an MM), everyone insisted he was an anomaly so I eventually got a sling to replace him, I haven't seen him much more often than the last one in the year or so that I've had him, I will not be getting another after he hooks out.

Psalmopoeus irminia is my favourite species from the genus by a country mile but it seems to be a case of flip a coin to see whether you get one that you see daily or one that hides for 6 months straight.

Acanthoscurria geniculata is just one of my favourite species in general, they're gorgeous, once they hit juvie sizes they don't know what hiding is, they're hardy, they're gorgeous, they get big, they eat like they've never been fed, did I mention that they're gorgeous? It's a cliché thing to say but they're a must have for any collection.
Criminally as you know I don't yet have one of these stunners. But, 1 day I shall.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Psalmo or Genic!!!!!!

Off topic.....waiting for an M. robustum...how do you like yours?!

ChienMauvah

Arachnopeon
Psalmo or Genic!!!!!!

Off topic.....waiting for an M. robustum...how do you like yours?!
Yea I might go for Genic, its a hard self debate.

I love my M. robustum! But I rarely get to see her.. Sometimes during feed I get to see a shadow moving and sometime even a leg!!!
She is young, about a year and a half I believe and one of my last acquisition.

I hope she comes out more often as she gets older :)

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Yea I might go for Genic, its a hard self debate.

I love my M. robustum! But I rarely get to see her.. Sometimes during feed I get to see a shadow moving and sometime even a leg!!!
She is young, about a year and a half I believe and one of my last acquisition.

I hope she comes out more often as she gets older :)
Well you'll ALWAYS see a Genic. And feeding time....boy is that fun!!!