Which one should I get next? :)

ChienMauvah

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! So I'll make this quick, I'm about to order a new T.. But I'm uncertain about what I want and would like your opinion.
Here's what my collection consist of so far, what would you suggest the next one be? Thanks :)

OBT - Pterinochilus murinus
Antille Pink Toe - Aviculaire antillaise
Green Bottle Blue - Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens
Mexican Red Leg - Brachypelma emilia
Ornemental Togo - Heteroscodra maculata
Comlombian Giant - Megaphobema robustum
Brazilian Fire Red - Lasiadora Difficilis
Socotra Island Blue Baboon - Monocentropus balfouri

Pepper

Arachnosquire
What are you looking for in a tarantula? Size, color, observing natural behaviors?
GBB is of course super pretty, probably my favorite in that category on this list
Brachypelmas take a really long time to grow
H macs are really pretty as adults but spend the vast majority of their time hiding
M robustum is really pretty and big, and shows a different construction than most other T's, big sturdy fourth legs; but its a pet hole. If you can make it so the burrow is up against the side of the enclosure, its pretty neat to see.
M balfouri is not the best eater and more of a pet hole than M robustum
OBTs are heavy webbers (in addition to GBBs) and really pretty.

ChienMauvah

Arachnopeon
Thanks Pepper!
Yeah I knew most of that considering I have them currently right here behind me :p
I'm looking to expand my collection, what would you think a neat one be?

I'm not looking for anything in particular.. Any suggestion?

Pepper

Arachnosquire
oh dang that what you already had. Boy I look dumb. hahahahaha
How do you like your Avic? I really like arboreals, especially Psalmopoeus and Poecilotherias. Caribena Versicolor is a stone cold stunner.
Tlitocatl albopilosus is pretty much a must have.
Harpactira pulchripes is super nice, love the way the blue bands are just thin enough to see yellow on both sides.
Cyriocosmus elegans is striking in color, and in a similar way to H pulcripes i love the light "pinstripes" on the dark legs. But its super small.
Dolichothele Diamantinensis is a little bit bigger but still quite small, very nice coloration, blue with red hairs. Mine hides a lot but is a great eater and I love the way she webs super heavily.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I suggest a pokie or a P. irminia :) I love my pet hole asian fossorials too because its super special when you DO actually see them, but probably wouldn't recommend it if you want a 'display' spider. My pokie is great and out about a solid 60% of the time.

radjess331

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I second Caribena Versicolor if you enjoy arboreals. I don’t own one myself. But they really are pretty as adults. I’ve been feeding one for a friend for a few weeks and their care is really easy.
Or try some of the more common stuff like a choco golden knee or a rose hair. It’s always fun getting to hold your tarantulas too.

ChienMauvah

Arachnopeon
Hey thanks for those suggestions! Tehy all seem very nice!!
I used to have Tlitocatl albopilosus, But he died of old age... May he RIP
I love my Avic altough she shits a lot!! lol
I think I'm in love with Harpactira pulchripe now!

Thanks Dude!

cold blood

Staff member
Hey guys! So I'll make this quick, I'm about to order a new T.. But I'm uncertain about what I want and would like your opinion.
Here's what my collection consist of so far, what would you suggest the next one be? Thanks :)

You don't have any of my favorites;

P. cambridgei (any Psalmo really)

N. incei

N. chromatus (any Nhandu really)

A. geniculata, no collection should be without at least one.

P. regalis

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Are these slings? How long have you been keeping Ts?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
As Cold Blood mentioned, a P. cambridgei would be a great addition to your collection. I promise that you won't be disappointed. Big, colorful, and often visible out in the open. They also attack prey with a vengeance. Mine snatches crickets out of the air! An adult female is truly a sight to behold in my opinion. So far I think that my P. cambridgei is definitely one of my favorites. She's grown remarkably fast, and even though they're very beautiful, they blend in really well with their surroundings, which I think adds to their appeal. The males are also really pretty in their own way. They look like a ball of extremely fluffy, grey pipecleaners! Not to mention that they're hardy, have some attitude, and are both readily available and inexpensive. I could go on and on....I'll just say that if you decide to get one you won't regret it. In fact, it'll probably become one of your favorites. It's considered a hobby classic for a reason!

mellow

Arachnobaron
A Goliath birdeater or Theraphosa sp probably stirmi would be cool, they grow fast and get huge! They need a lot of moisture though. 😃

ChienMauvah

Arachnopeon
Are these slings? How long have you been keeping Ts?
I've been keeping T's for about 6 years now..
No I don't have any slings currently! My youngest is Brachypelma emilia, She's about 8 months old I believe!
Close by is Pterinochilus murinus!

Thanks all for the suggestion!

Goliath is one I wanted for a while..
A Pokie would be awesome eventually for sure..
A. geniculata, N. chromatu , P. Irminia, P. Regalis, H. pulchripe .. Yes Please.

But I got to limit myself to one for the moment lol (will come back to you guys's suggestion when I need another!)

P. cambridge is probably what I will go for! Considering your message, spideyspinneret78. You sold it well!

Thanks again guys!