Which of these petco Ts should I rescue?

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys what's the best way to distinguish between A. avicularia and A. metallica?
According to the most-accepted hobby descriptions, the main difference is that A. avicularia has red setae on the abdomen, while A. metallica does not.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey so I think I'm gonna go buy that avic today imo if it doesn't have tibial hooks.

how should I go about checking for tibial hooks? Should I ask to poke the T or??

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a couple other questions too

:)

so I need to go get some substrate and am gonna get some from a flower place. what do i need to get and where to find it?

also, what should i get for it to climb on. like cord bark or something? :confused:

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wait, are tibial hooks on the pedipalps or two front legs?

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wish we carried more of a variety at Petco than the Pet Rock they sell. Anyways. A few months ago I was searching online for T's at a good price and came across a website that sells a large range of T's to Petco in bulk.

I can't remember what the website was tho. I printed out the list, went to Petco and asked if they could order the ones that I wanted. They all looked at me like I was nuts. If your selling them in huge bulks, they've got 2 be WC.

To be honest, the Petco here sucks. They have no knowledge of the animals they carry.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
should I like try to see if I can get inside the enclosure and try to move the T around with a paint brush or something to try to check its front legs or should i like ask them to get it in a deli cup or whatever they use for you to transport them home and look at it that way?