Which Males do you think look BETTER than the females?

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Which male tarantulas do you think look better than the females? This could be either mature or due to general sexual dimorphism. I am looking for your own opinion, even if the male is less colorful or traditionally beautiful and why you feel that way.

(I am sure this has been asked before but I could not find an old thread to dig up)

cold blood

Staff member
Obviously the ones that turn purple or hot pink, like Phormics, Pamphs and Xenesthis...there are others that look similarly as good as females, like N. tripeppii.

GBB males look pretty nice and I love the pipe cleaner look of Psalmo MMs.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Yeh I second everything @cold blood said about the purple/pinks. Psalmo males aren’t necessarily as pretty as the girls but def look awesome in their own way
More over I love the way they absolutely seem to mutate for ultimate molt.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
For some reason, I have always found the "red rump" species formerly of Brachypelma and currently of Tlitocatl to look better when leggy then when "short and fat". I think it's just the coloring matching with the structure for me and I am probably an outsider in this opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I still hope my unsexed specimens are females LOL!

T. vagans
T. epicuraneus
T. sabulosus

Attachments

Last edited:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Some Pamphobeteus for sure. I can't think of any OW males that are better than the females offhand.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I like the way MM D. diamantinensis look with their bright orange abdomens plus they have all the greens/blues too.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
O. philippinus, no coloration dimorphism, and the leggy nature of MM’s presents even more of that bright orange goodness.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Some Pamphobeteus for sure. I can't think of any OW males that are better than the females offhand.
Absolutely. My Pamphobeteus sp machala subadult male is a supermodel already. I can't wait for him to go full rock star on me when he matures.

I think the females are gorgeous, as well, but nothing like the boys.

mellow

Arachnobaron
Recently i have been looking into pamphobeteus sp platyomma the males look amazing! 😁

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Tapinauchenius violaceus males are amazingly beautiful. Fluffy, with beautiful grey-lavender hairs. They also do that typical arboreal pose with those long pipecleaner legs all stretched out. They're so pretty!

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I think the M.Balfouri males are a bit prettier, but the females are cute too! I love the blond and blue combo. I am getting my sling today unsexed.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Xenesthis, Chromatopelma, Grammostola sp. “Concepción”, Brachypelma smithi and Brachypelma hybrids lol. There are many other males of different genus/species that are great looking tarantulas as well. These ones here are just a couple that I find good looking. ACAADA75-FA7F-462A-8A72-F2269D49F1DD.jpeg B9811459-2A4C-4E58-B8BA-35DD4FEF6426.jpeg 2EAE2329-D6C9-4B86-AFEB-F31B774207FC.jpeg F13FFE9A-B378-4C3E-881A-DE3C9E2D4AFC.jpeg 847AA389-940A-4148-8EB5-D5B006027CE0.jpeg