which jar should i use for centipede

daniel333

Arachnopeon

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Couldn't decide on which one of these two jars to house my centipedes in
https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-FG7K2300WHT-Square-Storage-1-Gallon/dp/B005633IZ0
https://www.amazon.com/Snapware-Round-Canister-Large-17-2-Cup/dp/B005PQAA9U/ref=pd_sim_79_7?ie=UTF8&dpID=311f2f20I1L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=JBH3P0ZHQWA3TKATFH0X

has anyone use either of these? I'm leaning towards the snapware one but i'm not sure if the centipede can escape by pushing the lid open
opinions?
Go with the plastic jar with the twist on lid. A pede can't twist off the lid but it can push open things.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Yes, the screw on lid. That also leaves a slimmer chance of you leaving the lid ajar. :p

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Walmart has those jars for about 4 bucks (the screw on lid ones)

My mom cleans for a doctors office and they go through a bunch of these

the jars are about 8x8x10 high at the shoulder and I get about 1 a month. I use them for everything from arboreal tarantulas to hissing cockroaches, to mantids to young crested geckos. These are about the biggest jars I have been able to find but I can't find a source for individual ones on line. Funny thing the company that makes the jars has a plant in my hometown and I was considering checking with them to see what a pallet load would cost. I wonder if I could sell them on line.

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Definitely for the screw on one, especially if it is a larger species. I have one of those push up lids at home, does anyone think it would be good for an arboreal tarantula?

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely for the screw on one, especially if it is a larger species. I have one of those push up lids at home, does anyone think it would be good for an arboreal tarantula?
I think it should work for arboreal Ts. It holds a bit more volume than the gallon containers I use.