Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Which Digi Cam?

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by Mustacherose, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Mustacherose

Mustacherose Arachnosquire Old Timer

Advertisement
    Hey all, I've been looking into buying a new camera for myself as a christmas present to me and i have decided on 3 candidates.

1. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2
    6 Megapixels, 12x Optical zoom.

$ 430 CAD

2. CANON PowerShotS3 IS Package
    6 Megapixels, 12x zoom,

Comes with batterys, battery charger, carrying case

$550 CAD

3. Olympus SP-510 UZ
    7 Megapixels, 10x zoom
    $ 350 CAD

I will mostly be using these cameras to take pictures of paintball stuff and very small things, like baby tarantulas

Right now I have a 4 megapixel camera and it is fine at taking pictures of things like landscapes or human beings, but it really sucks at taking pics of things small.

Will any of these help me with the photography of small things?
    Thanks in advance AB

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  2. Windchaser

Windchaser Arachnoking Old Timer

I bought my daughter a Canon S2 IS for her graduation a couple of years ago and I must say that I am impressed with the camera. I would imagine that the S3 is also a very good camera. You may want to take a look at the reviews for these cameras at www.dpreview.com.

3. Mustacherose

Mustacherose Arachnosquire Old Timer

Thanks Windchaser, I'll check that out.

4. Kriegan

Kriegan Arachnobaron

Hallo,

IMO I would choose either the Sony or the Canon anyday over the Olympus brand. But I would still check out the customer reviews for each of these cameras in the web, so you can have an idea of what to expect from them.

Regards,
    Ulrich

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.