Which are the Rarest / Most expensive Tarantula ?????

schadbone

Arachnopeon
Hi Guys,

I have seen very nice and very expensive T’s list here; Which T’s are the top shelf and why ? :?

I am kind of new so please include the common names if you can, saves me looking up each one on the net. :worship:

Thanks
Steve

mischiefhaze

Arachnopeon
The first that comes to my mind are P. Metallica's. They are fairly pricey and although they dont seem to be rare, they aren't easy to find either.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The why is supply and demand. The rare species are difficult to breed in captivity or haven't been established in the hobby very well yet.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. Metallicas are actually fairly common this year. They are Priced High because they are High in Demand.. Regardless of the price.. People will still buy them.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In the US, there are a ton of rare, expensive species (thats almost a contradiction LOL). If I were to guess which species might fetch the greatest price should someone put one up for sale, I'd think maybe Iridopelma seladonium, the candy store tarantula :D

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
I would say just by rarity, it would be abraxcomplex's araena polito (chicken spider) not even beginning to breed for the hobby, but in captivity by one Canadian. There is an interesting thread on them called the chicken spider diary, good read.