Which Arboreal?!

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm looking at getting an addition to my T collection. I am looking at Pokies and some African Arboreals. So, which old world tree dweller would you guys recommend? Or should I go ahead and get a King Baboon? I like burrowers, but I already have a H. Gigas, and want a change with a nice Pokie.
I am building a 7+ gallon vertical tank out of plexi glass....Thanks for the suggestions.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Id say go for one of the pokies, like P.ornata or regalis or a Heteroscorda maculata. Both are nice, but the H.maculata isn't visible till the night hours. Both mentioned are very beautiful though.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, the Heteroscodra is nice, but not as common. My local shop has a 3 inch P. Fasciata for 60, I may spit up the cash for one next week.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That would also be a nice pokie. If your really interesed in an H.maculata there are quite a few ppl selling them right now. It would have to be shipped though.

Iggy

Arachnopeon
Personally I would go with Poecilotheria rufilata, miranda, or subfusca. There are so many good options for arboreal Ts it is hard to make a bad choice. Good luck!

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'd go with a pokie.

I've kept H.maculata before and noticed that my pokies are out in the open more often than the maculata (and avics for that matter).

Cant go wrong with a P. ornata. :D

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hm, i see all my aviculari regularly, the pokies more seldom. however, i NEVER see my h. maculata. i really hope that improves when it's no longer a sling.

i agree that you cannot go wrong with a pokie - any pokie, actually - when looking into asian arboreals. ornata however tend to very nervous, regalis are calmer and gorgeous ime. i also see the regalis more often, while the ornata gets nervous at even a flicker of light and hides.

or have you considered genus cyriopagopus? a c. spec. blue is gorgeous once it gets blue, but you will most probably not see it very often either.