[Inquiry] Where's Catfishrod69?

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good morning, good people! Out of curiosity, has anyone heard from or knows whatever happened to our good buddy on these forums Catfishrod69 (John)? He was a staple on here (AB) and now...nothing.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Good morning, good people! Out of curiosity, has anyone heard from or knows whatever happened to our good buddy on these forums Catfishrod69 (John)? He was a staple on here (AB) and now...nothing.
As far as I know he is out of the hobby.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No way! Wow....that's a loss to the hobby! He was the first person I bought from when I first discovered AB and was one of three people that was honest and came through with respect to mutual 50/50 breeding loans that I had experience with.

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got back in the hobby last week after being out for 6 years. Catfishrod was a staple while I was on here and I still have PMs from him. I'm still trying to get the feel of this forum because so much has changed. I'll miss him and the other ppl I considered great attributes to the forum and hobby.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i just used the search function to try and find john (catfishrod69) and stumbled across this. Sad news, but im sure hell be back.

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
After doing a search for my Arachnoboards breeding thread, i found this thread in a google search. Just thought i would pop in for the first time in forever! I am actually still alive, i did leave the hobby after it got boring for me, and my heart just wasnt in it anymore. I had a hard time talking myself into taking care of the critters, and they were suffering. I sold alot of my collection, including rare females to a guy (whom i still remember), and he royally screwed me over. After me giving him a price about half of what they were worth, then he talked me down even more again and again, until i basically gave them to him. Then he stiffed me on about $1800. The rest of my collection a friend took to reptile shows and sold off, including all of my enclosures, vials, and everything. Only thing i had left was my dwarf red tail boa "Kong", and i still have her. I have two tarantulas, a GBB female, and a juvie C. darlingi, which i almost never look at. I thought about getting back into the hobby, and hand caught some widows at a hotel in arkansas, then got a few tarantulas. But my heart just isnt in it anymore. I truly miss the breeding, sac pulling, sac opening, sling raising. But i know the critters will suffer if i was to actually try and get back into it. My wife works alot, we run a cleaning business on the side, and i was recently diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (which explains alot about some of the problems ive been having the last 20 years). So i dont have the time and heart that i once did. I might pop back in once and a while to see how people are doing. I seen quite a few threads mentioning me, and its truly humbling that anyone even mentioned my username and name. I truly hope everyone is well! Take care!
John
IMAG0876.jpg

Me and my Amanda.....

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I never did thank you for reaching out to us. The handful of people I still deal with in this hobby that were around when I first got interested and involved harken back to the days when it was ab bit more simple, inexpensive and more friendly. Indeed you were one of those go to guys and a genuine dude amongst. It's no wonder your name comes up and your presence missed. Great self awareness that your heart is no longer into it or that your life priorities lie elsewhere. In health I wish you the best.