Where'd my thread go

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I made a thread last night looking for a tarantula to buy, but it's gone now. I didn't get any notifications, it just doesn't exist. Was it breaking any rules? If I had it in the wrong forum area, it should've just been moved (and I'm pretty sure this one is in the wrong one too). It had replies from @EulersK and a few other big users.

Last edited:

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you made a post looking for a tarantula to buy, it likely belongs in the Classifieds as a 'Want to buy' ad and not in the chat section. And regarding this thread: it really doesn't matter where you think a thread should go or if you state where you feel it should've been moved...that's dangerously close to discussing/questioning moderation, which is strictly forbidden in the rules here. See rules 10 and 11.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
If you made a post looking for a tarantula to buy, it likely belongs in the Classifieds as a 'Want to buy' ad and not in the chat section. And regarding this thread: it really doesn't matter where you think a thread should go or if you state where you feel it should've been moved...that's dangerously close to discussing/questioning moderation, which is strictly forbidden in the rules here. See rules 10 and 11.
I can't post in the Classifieds yet because I don't meet the criteria. A few people suggested just PMing a user who has what I'm looking for, so I decided to find said users by posting a thread. I don't want to be breaking any rules, though, so I won't post any threads like it again.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I can't post in the Classifieds yet because I don't meet the criteria. A few people suggested just PMing a user who has what I'm looking for, so I decided to find said users by posting a thread. I don't want to be breaking any rules, though, so I won't post any threads like it again.
btw how do i delete this thread? I've had my question answered now, and I'm afraid i might be doing that "discussing moderation" thing in this one.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I can't post in the Classifieds yet because I don't meet the criteria. A few people suggested just PMing a user who has what I'm looking for.
That would be a better idea, until you can eventually use the classifieds area. Look around the posts a bit, you might be able to see what regular posters have, and they could perhaps point you to someone who has what you're looking for. Also, there are some invertebrate dealers online you could look at too.

The mods can decide to delete this thread if they wish. But you may still be able to edit your individual posts for a little while yet if you'd like.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
That would be a better idea, until you can eventually use the classifieds area. Look around the posts a bit, you might be able to see what regular posters have, and they could perhaps point you to someone who has what you're looking for. Also, there are some invertebrate dealers online you could look at too.

The mods can decide to delete this thread if they wish. But you may still be able to edit your individual posts for a little while yet if you'd like.
i just found out that i CAN post in the Classifieds. I had no idea lol. I was pretty sure I didn't qualify yet. But whatevs, I'm glad i can and i just did. Thanks for your help.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
You seem to be missing the point?...You are currently in "active member" status this will allow you to post an add in the classified section to find the T you want, just like any member with that status. Hhere is what you seem to be missing:
NO ONE but the ORIGINAL thread starter may post a message in the classified section. You have to PM them to discuss buying/selling/trading. Same goes if you start a thread in the classifieds, NO one but you can post in it.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
You seem to be missing the point?...You are currently in "active member" status this will allow you to post an add in the classified section to find the T you want, just like any member with that status. Hhere is what you seem to be missing:
NO ONE but the ORIGINAL thread starter may post a message in the classified section. You have to PM them to discuss buying/selling/trading. Same goes if you start a thread in the classifieds, NO one but you can post in it.
so no one can reply to my thread? then what's the point of posting in the "want to buy" section at all? I can understand if you're a seller trying to get people to PM you, but why am I able to post in a "want to buy" but no one can reply? This is confusing.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
Because people selling tarantulas will browser the "want to buy" ads and will message you if the have the particular species you are looking for.

Ive bought 3 tarantulas off the classifieds here without posting an ad. Browse the classifieds and if someone is selling the species you want, PM them about it.

Alternatively, you can post an ad and bump it every few days so it stays on page 1.

The point of not allowing people to post on ads is so they dont go off topic like some threads do in other forum topics.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Because people selling tarantulas will browser the "want to buy" ads and will message you if the have the particular species you are looking for.

Ive bought 3 tarantulas off the classifieds here without posting an ad. Browse the classifieds and if someone is selling the species you want, PM them about it.

Alternatively, you can post an ad and bump it every few days so it stays on page 1.

The point of not allowing people to post on ads is so they dont go off topic like some threads do in other forum topics.
Oh ok i get it now. I actually have been perusing the Classifieds for the tarantula i want but all anyone has is slings. If i search "2 inch grammostola pulchripes" the search engine just takes the 2 inch part and puts it somewhere else.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
You might want to post an online ad for your immediate area on Craigslist. You might have far more success doing that.