Where would someone in the pacific northwest find garden snails?

DrippingPopsicle

Arachnosquire
Ive always loved snails! I really want to keep some and It would be great if i could collect them from a park or from another area near my house, any ideas where snails might live? Thanks in advance!

Nongkym

Arachnopeon
I live near Seattle, and during/after a good rain I have seen some pretty snails around. I am confident that if you took the time and check around some foliage you will be successful. I found this one on a tree (during a light rain) in a Safeway parking lot.

Attachments

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
When I lived in Washington state, I would find them under rotting wood.

Kinyonga

Arachnopeon
Try looking on the trunks of shrubs, towards the base, or on the underside of leaves. Also behind any plants growing against a wall; anywhere that's cool, damp, shady.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
In your garden
Seriously you really should have snails in your garden.... Unless you don't have a garden, in that case go to somebody else's garden or go to a community garden known as the park.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
They should be everywhere after a rain, I have a ton of them around my place. My porch is covered with the darn things in very early morning.

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I live in portland and they're just everywhere. There's a 7-11 where every night a ton of huge ones come out all over the pavement.