• New Classifieds - Open Beta

The New Classifieds have entered Open Beta status and are now viewable to all registered users.

Our New Classifieds can be reached by clicking "Classifieds" in the forum toolbar or menu. Any ads posted in the New Classifieds should be considered "real ads" and must follow our updated Classifieds Terms and Rules. Ads that do not meet our updated Classifieds Terms and Rules will be deleted, and warnings, without points, will be issued. While our current Classifieds forums will remain viewable during the Open Beta period, and current ads posted there can be bumped, new ads must be posted in our New Classifieds so you can familiarize yourself with the new format. The Classifieds forums will be closed once the Open Beta period ends.

A tutorial on how to use the New Classifieds has been created and can be found here.

Where would someone in the pacific northwest find garden snails?

DrippingPopsicle

Arachnopeon
Ive always loved snails! I really want to keep some and It would be great if i could collect them from a park or from another area near my house, any ideas where snails might live? Thanks in advance!

Nongkym

Arachnopeon
I live near Seattle, and during/after a good rain I have seen some pretty snails around. I am confident that if you took the time and check around some foliage you will be successful. I found this one on a tree (during a light rain) in a Safeway parking lot.

Attachments

jrh3

PreMolt
Arachnosupporter +
When I lived in Washington state, I would find them under rotting wood.

Kinyonga

Arachnopeon
Try looking on the trunks of shrubs, towards the base, or on the underside of leaves. Also behind any plants growing against a wall; anywhere that's cool, damp, shady.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
In your garden
Seriously you really should have snails in your garden.... Unless you don't have a garden, in that case go to somebody else's garden or go to a community garden known as the park.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
They should be everywhere after a rain, I have a ton of them around my place. My porch is covered with the darn things in very early morning.

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I live in portland and they're just everywhere. There's a 7-11 where every night a ton of huge ones come out all over the pavement.