Where to go for necropsy?

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd like to get my C fasciatum necropsied now that I'm sure she's dead (see the "Dying C fasciatum?" thread for more details).

In the interest of a) protecting the rest of my Ts and b) helping out the hobby a bit I'd like to know why she went, especially since the circumstances were kind of weird.

Since I can't find the info using an obvious search term like necropsy and all the posts on preservation seem to be about display animals I figure I might as well ask directly, at least this way there will be an answer in an easy to find post forever onwards.

Where do I call/go/send her to get this done? I am in NY and am already putting out feelers through my old college (Stony Brook) but that's looking iffy, if someone has a concrete answer that would be really helpful.

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you checked into sending it to REISM?
Thank you!

I knew there was something specific I was looking for but couldn't remember the name. The page lists a person to contact but no contact information, so I followed the link at the top of the page to http://www.exoticmicro.org/ and emailed the contact person listed. If/when I have any information on a direct contact I will ask if I can post it here.

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just as an update, it's the wee hours of Saturday and no one's gotten back to me yet.

I suspect that if I don't hear from someone by Monday I might as well get some pourable resin stuff and just make her into a paperweight as I doubt anyone will be able to study her after that many days.

It seems that the contact email from the REISM page is not accepting emails so if anyone has an alternate contact I would greatly appreciate it.