Where to get Pedes in Canada or NY

jottol1661

Arachnopeon
Hey guy i need your help! i'm Canadian and am having loads of trouble finding any pedes for sale in this freakin country! i live in Ontario and i'd like to get my hands on a few! if you guys know of any sellers in Canada or somewhere in New York State ( preferably close to the boarder) it would be a great help! i'd appreciate any feedback, Thanks guys!

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You could try making friends with someone along the border in NY and asking if they mind having pedes shipped to them, that way you can go pick them up.

jottol1661

Arachnopeon
yea that could work but i dont even know any american sellers of pedes, do you know any good web sites that sell them?

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
Centipedes or millipedes? Centipedes are readily available from a number of sources...in Ontario, you could try Port Credit Pets. If you are willing to have them shipped, you can try Avery Exotics in BC, or Mack Pahl (Abraxiscomplex) here in Alberta.

If you are looking for millipedes, they are illegal to import or possess in Canada.

jottol1661

Arachnopeon
Centipedes or millipedes? Centipedes are readily available from a number of sources...in Ontario, you could try Port Credit Pets. If you are willing to have them shipped, you can try Avery Exotics in BC, or Mack Pahl (Abraxiscomplex) here in Alberta.

If you are looking for millipedes, they are illegal to import or possess in Canada.
haha yea i know millipedes are illegal but i don't really care! quite honestly i find it stupid. either way thanks a bunch! yea port credit pets is like a 30 minute drive from me.

Do you or any one else know what a good beginner species is for centipedes? i've had my share of experience with tarantulas like pokies and h macs so a little aggression and potent venom doesn't scare me. however i think i'd be looking for something on the larger side first. i've seen some centipedes with blue legs what are those called?

Thanks in advance :D

JesseD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can try Reptile Amazone in Montreal. They regularly have WC specimens. I believe they might be closed on Sundays, but call ahead of time to find out what they have in stock.

3618, Rue Notre-Dame Ouest
Montreal, QC H4C 1P5
(514) 933-1916

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
haha yea i know millipedes are illegal but i don't really care! quite honestly i find it stupid.
It is silly, but getting caught could cost you your entire collection, and possibly your home.

Do you or any one else know what a good beginner species is for centipedes?
Not sure it matters all that much..they are all fairly similar in ease of care, all fast and aggressive, and all bitey...lol.