Where to buy tree bark online?

soundsmith

Arachnopeon
I have had zero luck finding pieces of tree bark to purchase online. I need to make a hide like you see RobC and many others use, with 2-3 thin pieces of bark hot glued together. I can find slabs (too thick), strips of birch (too thin). I found some ZooMed habitat backing tiles that have thin pieces of cork bark - however - they are glued to a thick piece of processed cork that is about 3/4" thick, much too thick for my needs, and I'm not sure how easily it can be separated, if at all, or without damaging the thin bark layer. Anybody know where I can find what I am looking for? I realize some people will say "just go outside and get some" but I don't know where to go or if it will be safe to use. Perhaps someone has some pieces or can easily procure some and sell+ship to me?

---------- Post added 10-26-2015 at 04:18 PM ----------

I may have found some pieces on Etsy after all...

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
You need to make a hide like RobC? Oh jeez. e____e

I've seen people get some pretty good deals on eBay, stores that specialize in taxidermy (because it's used for naturalistic mountings). Worst case scenario, a major reptile dealer carries it, albeit for a premium.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have had zero luck finding pieces of tree bark to purchase online. I need to make a hide like you see RobC and many others use, with 2-3 thin pieces of bark hot glued together. I can find slabs (too thick), strips ...
Etsy link??

fowlmoodmandy

Arachnopeon
you can find some cork bark tiles if you google cork bark tiles with some of the flooring and wall companies.

soundsmith

Arachnopeon
viper69 said:
Etsy link??
I already purchased the specific item for sale, so you cannot view it any more. However, here is a link to the seller's other items in that category, they do have 3 other listings for more/other bark. This is an image of the bark I purchased:

The sizes are approximately: 3-1/2" x 13", 3" x 12", 4" x 12" and 3" x 12-1/2". Should be perfect once I cut them down.

There are a few other sellers that have bark for sale as well if you search around on there.

fowlmoodmandy said:
you can find some cork bark tiles if you google cork bark tiles with some of the flooring and wall companies.
I did find the tiles you are talking about, but nothing that fit what I was looking for. I wanted natural pieces.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I already purchased the specific item for sale, so you cannot view it any more. However, here is a link to the seller's other items in that category, they do have 3 other listings for more/other bark. This is an image of the bark I purchased:

The sizes are approximately: 3-1/2" x 13", 3" x 12", 4" x 12" and 3" x 12-1/2". Should be perfect once I cut them down.

There are a few other sellers that have bark for sale as well if you search around on there.

I did find the tiles you are talking about, but nothing that fit what I was looking for. I wanted natural pieces.
Much appreciated!

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
I think Hobo was the one who originally posted this site so cred goes to him.

http://www.corkstore.com/Products/Virgin-Cork-Bark

I'm kinda curious what a 20lb box of cork bark looks like. I'd imagine that's a lot of cork bark lol. They sell smaller quantities too though. I think if you want specific sized you can e-mail them but they only sell it by the lb instead of 20lb.

soundsmith

Arachnopeon
I think Hobo was the one who originally posted this site so cred goes to him.

http://www.corkstore.com/Products/Virgin-Cork-Bark

I'm kinda curious what a 20lb box of cork bark looks like. I'd imagine that's a lot of cork bark lol. They sell smaller quantities too though. I think if you want specific sized you can e-mail them but they only sell it by the lb instead of 20lb.
Yeah, I found them as well, but from what I have bought already in the past and seen in stores, cork flats are also a bit thick for what I was looking for. I was considering getting 1lb from them but it said "out of stock" so I moved on.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pangea reptiles have it cheap I think you can ask for specific sizes too

Soli

Arachnopeon
Black Panther Zoological is also a great place for cork bark, especially if you want less than 5 pounds. Only place I know of where you can buy cork 1 pound at a time. They also take requests for shapes/size too.
I've bought cork bark from Pangea and Black Panther and they were both fantastic.

Stranger

Arachnopeon
Out of curiosity what did you pay for those 4 12"inch pieces? I know you don't want the "go outside" suggestion, but I just got at least 10lbs of cork off a dead tree and have since baked/boiled it and it is fine for use now.