Where to buy Millipedes Online

DatMillipede

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone! Just stopping buy to ask where you buy your millipedes online, if you do. All and any experiances welcome! Thanks in advance!

millipedegirl

Arachnopeon
Hi! I just ordered from Bugs in Cyberspace. Peter has been very helpful and communicative, and he has the largest selection I have found (at least in the US). My millipedes are set to arrive on Wednesday, so I can't tell you yet how or in what condition they'll arrive, but so far my experience has been a good one.

DatMillipede

Arachnosquire
Thanks to both of you. Right now I have my eye on the Thai Rainbow Millipede and bumblebee millipedes from bugs in cyber space. Anyone know why all the images of thai rainbow pedes are different from the image on their site?

MelissaDBrown

Arachnosquire
The Thai Rainbows can vary but they are orangy/pinky/red and blue. The bands are sometimes thicker for different colors, but as they mature they typically look like this one. I will post some pictures of mine on my profile for you.

DatMillipede

Arachnosquire
The Thai Rainbows can vary but they are orangy/pinky/red and blue. The bands are sometimes thicker for different colors, but as they mature they typically look like this one. I will post some pictures of mine on my profile for you.
Thank You!

MelissaDBrown

Arachnosquire
Pictures are up for you. I have one pling that isn't posted but it's maybe 1/4" long and its bands are just starting to show. It's an off whitish shade and the blue is starting to come through and it's so adorable. It will darken and brighten after each molt it goes through. As for the two in my pictures those are maybe an inch and a half to two inches short of being full grown. One is slightly thicker and longer than the other.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
I am sure you'll be pleased with what you get from BiC if you choose to order from them.

MelissaDBrown

Arachnosquire
No problem! Please let us know what you get and put up some pictures. I'd really like to see what you get :)

DatMillipede

Arachnosquire
No problem! Please let us know what you get and put up some pictures. I'd really like to see what you get :)
So far it's looking like 1 thai rainbow and three bumblebees. I convinced my brother to get one, and he's going for the Philipine Giant Blue Greys.

MelissaDBrown

Arachnosquire
Oh I forgot to tell you about mixing species!!!! I don't know what other people feel and do here, but I will only mix species that are native to each other so they are comfortable and have the same humidity. I had a Florida Ivory and Florida Brown together, because they were both native to that region of the States and were adapted to the same climate.

DatMillipede

Arachnosquire
Oh I forgot to tell you about mixing species!!!! I don't know what other people feel and do here, but I will only mix species that are native to each other so they are comfortable and have the same humidity. I had a Florida Ivory and Florida Brown together, because they were both native to that region of the States and were adapted to the same climate.
Will these two species mix well? If not, I have another 10 gallon tank. Are there any species on that website that will mix with the bumblebees?

MelissaDBrown

Arachnosquire
Now that question, I don't know haha! I looked at the site you are on and it says US but it doesn't give a region. I am almost 100% they are tropical not desert, so I would say they should be safe with the Rainbows. They are also on the smaller size so they won't bump into the little ones and topple over them.

DatMillipede

Arachnosquire
That's good to know, I think I will take a chance. If something goes wrong, they can always have their own tank. And the pedes I listed won't be to much for a 10 gallon tank, would it?

MelissaDBrown

Arachnosquire
I think that should be just fine considering they are on the small side. Someone posted a thread up here that their millipedes were fighting. You should read about that. I have never heard of this before but it can't be 100% perfect all the time. Just take a look at that and know the signs if you see any bullying or problems, that way you can separate anyone who is causing problems or injured.

DatMillipede

Arachnosquire
I think that should be just fine considering they are on the small side. Someone posted a thread up here that their millipedes were fighting. You should read about that. I have never heard of this before but it can't be 100% perfect all the time. Just take a look at that and know the signs if you see any bullying or problems, that way you can separate anyone who is causing problems or injured.
Just found that post. It's a little worrying, but I haven't ever heard of a case like this. And if it was territorial, they should have plenty of space, right?

MelissaDBrown

Arachnosquire
Sometimes it's not just about space, but fighting over a mate. I guess even cute millipedes can get jealous too right? ;)